PDA

View Full Version : Post illness Anxiety

pammyb31
27-09-12, 22:51
Hi Everyone,
Im new to this and must confess felt a huge sigh of relief when I stumbled over this site. I suffered from a pulminary embolism a few months ago which was quickly followed by a viral illness. Physically Im pretty much back to normal, which is brilliant and Ive begun a slow return to work which Im loving but the last few weeks or so Ive been having these anxiety attacks. They are very random and come from nowhere! Im only having around one per week but now I cant seem to stop thinking about them and feel like Im inviting one to happen! CrazyI know but switching off from it is hard!
Im looking forward to hearing from you guys out there and your experiences of how to deal with this.
Thankyou x

nomorepanic
27-09-12, 23:01
Hi pammyb31

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
28-09-12, 09:27
Illness is quite often a trigger for anxiety. Mine has just come back after I had an accident and fractured my foot. If it isn't too bad at the moment try Bach rescue remedy but if it gets worse you will need to see your doctor. :hugs:

merlotsmum
28-09-12, 14:46
I had a total hysterectomy in March 2012, following that a tooth extraction early May followed by a virus/bug that I was hospitalised with early June. I was not right after that and had horrendous/constant anxiety/panic attacks eventually had a breakdown just over 6 weeks ago where I was diagnosed with GAD and clinical depression. I had a crisis team look after me for the first two weeks as I was so poorly.

I had gone back to work part time for 6 weeks before the breakdown. I knew I was not well but kept putting it down to tiredness from the operation and did start to try and self help with 2 sessions of psychotherapy, energetic healing, acuptunture, etc but none of it helped.

I started on Sertaline 6 weeks ago, while I am still having up and downs while it settles, I am in a much stronger place than I was 6 weeks ago. The majority of the time my mood is better and the anxiety is slowly starting to improve as well. I am also having Bowen Therapy which has been wonderful helping my body to re-balance.

It may be worth speaking to your GP.

Best wishes
MM

Edward_1980
28-09-12, 14:50
Welcome to the forum Pammy. I'm new myself and just wanted to introduce myself to you. I'm here if you ever want to talk.