PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice About Doctors.

Saturngeek
28-09-12, 02:26
I was just seeking advice because I'm afraid to leave the house and I'm extremely paranoid.. If someone comes into the house I try and hide away because I can't face anyone, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I havn't been diagnosed with anything yet but I think I have Agoraphobia/Anxiety disorder and I'm not sure how to go about getting diagnosed when I can't face the outdoors.

Anyone have any advice? I don't have a specific GP either, so I'm not sure what to do.. Please help..

Anxious_gal
28-09-12, 05:18
What are you paranoid about?
Doctors do make house calls, surely you can get a GP to do a house call?
If not the out of hours doctors do house calls, maybe give you something to calm you down enough to make a doctors visit.

How long have you been feeling like this?
Ive read about many people get scared to have visitors over and find it hard to leave the house. Seems like anxiety n agoraphobia.

Saturngeek
28-09-12, 05:39
I get paranoid about alot of things, it's hard to list them all.
Who would I have to call though? I'm not sure.
I've felt like this since I was around 11,
I've been searching for answers ever since.
Thanks for the reply btw. x

BobbyDog
28-09-12, 08:45
If you shy away from people and feel paranoid around them, it seems you must be suffering with Social Anxiety, I say this because I have the same problem so know where you are coming from.

Not sure if you take AD's but they may help you in a positive way with Social Anxiety.

My GP offer's telephone consultation's so that may be an option for you.

Also try NoPanic.org as appose to No More Panic, they offer 1 to 1 counselling or you can join a recovery group, this is all done over the phone, so you would not have to leave the house. I believe the joining fee is £12 annually.

fozzy is crying
28-09-12, 13:19
I was just seeking advice because I'm afraid to leave the house and I'm extremely paranoid.. If someone comes into the house I try and hide away because I can't face anyone, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I havn't been diagnosed with anything yet but I think I have Agoraphobia/Anxiety disorder and I'm not sure how to go about getting diagnosed when I can't face the outdoors.

Anyone have any advice? I don't have a specific GP either, so I'm not sure what to do.. Please help..

I have the same and worse. I ignore the telephone ringing as well. Having no family or friends any telephone call or someone coming to the house is a stranger. The only time I do not hide when the door bell rings is when it is paramedics when I have a medical emergency but on these occasions I give them my key safe code and they let themselves in.

My hiding away is easier as I have my curtains closed 24/7. Going out is a rare event. I am retired and registered disabled so my mobility restricts this a lot. However not going out and seeing a real human being for weeks or sometimes months makes going harder all the time. I tend when essential to do basic shopping needs in the middle of the night.

As to having no specific GP you could try ringing NHS direct they deal with everything and are very good at advising on mental health and and can either arrange an immediate Doctor appointment day or night at a local hospital or one to ring you from there.