PDA

View Full Version : How much do you sleep ?

katies
04-08-06, 10:42
Hi All

I am finding myself totally exhausted all the time. Sleep at least 9 hours every night and need to sleep in the day as well. Is this normal ? Is anyone else wanting to sleep or rest all the time ? The smallest of tasks like the school run exhaust me.

Thanks

KatieS x

dph
04-08-06, 11:07
Hi KatieS,
I had fealt much the same during the beginning of this week. I tend to be a bit of a wreck if I get less than 8 hours a night but I hit the pillow at 10pm and get up at 6:10am so I tend to get work related issues stuck in my head and can't get to sleep till 11. I came home on tuesday and went to bed at 8pm and suprisingly fell asleep. This made a huge difference to me by wed I fealt as though I had recharged a little at least anyway. I have been under a lot of stress at work, lately and even though I feel I'm getting enough sleep, it mustn't be quality sleep. Maybe you are in the same boat, and not getting quality sleep.
Darcy.

kate
04-08-06, 11:53
I always feel tired and never want to get out of bed no matter how many hours sleep I have.

I agree that we probably don't get good quality sleep, I reckon I'm anxious even when asleep.

Also, if you are suffering with depression, this can make you still feel tired and not want to leave your bed as you don't want to get up and face the world.

Finally, med's can also make you feel drowsy during the day so this could be another possible cause.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

mandie
04-08-06, 12:41
Hi

I dont get enough sleep.

Since taking Citalopram, Im lucky if I sleep 4 hours a night.

Come 4 or 5 in the afternoon i find myself falling asleep on sofa.

love mandie x

trevor
04-08-06, 14:05
hi katies,

i am glad you posted this because i am exactly the same i get my usual 8 hours night and then sometimes 1-2 times a day i can nod off for an hour, hard work eh lol,

dont worry its just mental exaustion,

trevor,

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

jackie
04-08-06, 14:32
katie this is nervous exaustion. have you ever read claire weekes " self help for your nerves " which talks often about this debilitating form of tiredness

your not alone. i sleep well at night and still feel tired during the day but i have small children that keep me on my feet til 8pm so i dont get a chance to sit or sleep during the day.probably for the best

jackie

polly daydream
04-08-06, 21:05
Hi Katies, I can sleep for 13 hrs and still feel tired, I am now on citilapram and that has made me feel even more tired. You defo not alone on that one hun.

Take care,

Polly

nomorepanic
04-08-06, 21:19
Exercise helps with this believe it or not. Even though you feel tired it will really pick you up.

Give it a go

Nicola

Twila
05-08-06, 01:55
Hello. I feel the same way. I could sleep all day everday and still feel like resting all the time. Hard to wake up and get to work everyday. Really stinks too.
Twila[8)]

Peru83
05-08-06, 08:27
I have to agree with kate, jackie and nic.

I get tired alot, unfortunatly tho with everything thats going on I'm not sleeping too well. My depression on bad days can make me really tired and particuarily grumpy, which just isn't like me as all [:P][:O]. also I was on Citalopram which can make you sleepy.

Ways to beat the tiredness is definatly to exercise. Eating nuts is a good source of energy also plenty fruit and water.

Take Carexx

onwards and upwards

mad_hatter
05-08-06, 11:46
Since going back on citalopram I am tired all the time! It makes me really drowsy, which isn't good when trying to hold down a full-time job! I might talk to the doc and get the dosage reduced from 20mg to 10 cos I'm fed up of feeling sleepy all the time.

Southern_Belle
05-08-06, 16:21
Hi Katie,

Wow thought I was the only one, sometimes I sleep 10 hours, but I wake up throughout the night, almost never sleep throughout the night. I know I need to start exercising, have to try that!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

tnt808
05-08-06, 21:04
Hi Katie,

I hardly sleep, and actually I am certain that even if I did get a decent amount each night I would still be exhausted. Right now I have situations that I know contribute to my exhaustion BUT even before these circumstances I just couldn't sleep.

I just can't seem to shut my brain off at night. It's as if everything I've been thinking about comes flooding in my head while in bed.

Good luck to you,

Tina

Coni
06-08-06, 08:11
Hi,

I think sleep is a major issue for lots of us. For me it was one of the first symptoms that things were getting on top of me. But even now more thatn a year down the line I still cant sleep well. I go to bed shattered fall asleep then four hours later ( about 3 or 4 am) I'm wide awake again. And if I do get to sleep again its very restless...so I'm permanently tired, wooly headed and really quite 'crabbit' (great scottish word eh? couldnt think of another one to quite describe it ...sorry lol).

I'm trying to excercise (still waiting for the endorphins to kick in.....how long does it take?! lol)

Other than that I dont know what the answer is.

take care all

Coni X