PDA

View Full Version : do i reelly need meds

tricia56
28-09-12, 11:57
hi sorry this might be long but do really need some advice. ive sufferd with anxiety for about 5yrs now and my gp was quite suportive and understood that i am frieghtened of taking any kind of meds even a parasitomol and that that because one of my ways of coping with anxiety was to have reasurance from her when ever i neded it but 3wks ago i moved to the other side of the town ware i lived and have had to change doctors and last wk my son who lives with me had a break down and tried to kill himself so i know that all the stress of moving and what happened to my son has set me backand felt really anxiouse and worried. so i went to see my new gp las week to talk to her and when i went in i told her that i sufferd with anxiety and felt anxiuose and the first reply i got was well what do i expect from her to by coming to see her and i tried to tell her what has happened over the last few weeks and all she was that im not coping and need couciling and rote me a presciption for antidepresants and said im not helping myself, i tried to explain that im scared of taking meds because of the side effects and she just repied its low dose come bk in 2 wks .but now she is has made more anxuiose and worried because i think that i have got to take the medsand im not coping even tho i thought i was and im not helping myself . all i wanted when i went to see her was a little bit of reasurance that because of the way i was feeling was down to what has happened not to be told i have to talke pills as she didnt even bother going thro my records to see what im like because she has never met me before so i dont know wat to do now either take the pills and shut up because she says im nort helping myself or see some one elseand not to listen to some one who doesnt know me ,or am not really coping and not helping myself , as when some one tells me something i tend to believe them and start worring and makes me more anxoiuse .is it because of anxirty some ppl are like me . just want any advice of some one thk you

Annie0904
28-09-12, 12:15
If you have coped before without medication and think you can get through this again without the meds then it is your choice if you take them or not. Moving house and the situation with your son has been a very stressful time for you, maybe just trying to be positive will work for you. If you really think you can't cope then I think you should try the meds, yes you may feel some side effects to start with but they will help you in the end. Which medication did your doctor give you?

tricia56
28-09-12, 13:57
hi thk u for the reply i do feel im coping and ive just had a set bk and dont really think i need meds i think the pills are ciptromal 10mg

Annie0904
28-09-12, 13:59
Have you tried Bach rescue remedy? I use it a lot and Bach rescue night to help me to sleep. It is natural and has no side effects :)