PDA

View Full Version : whats happening???

nippy70
28-09-12, 13:40
well been on cit for about 8 weeks last three weeks been back to my normal self , and posted a story on here to tell people who still sufer... Anyway on sat i felt faint dizzy and just horrid,, beenthe same all week ,,, started a new box of cit on tuesday same 20 mg just a different brand ,,, its knocked the hell out of me and feel worse now than i did when i first started out.. what the hell is going on ,,,, i wake up on a morning about 4 or 5 cant get back to sleep then. I lay in bed feeling shite tilli can gather the energy to get out of bed ,,,,, not good .. can anyone help me ,,,, why would i go backwards do all cit brands differ slightly,, i would have thought they are all the same ,,,,, please help xx

fozzy is crying
28-09-12, 13:47
Just in case you might be thinking same drug but different brand might be a problem it is not. in UK drugs are regulated to the point the content must be the same irrespective who produces it. It would only be a possible problem if drugs are sources over the internet from a non UK supplier which is inadvisable as it might not even be a true content of the same drug here.

loopylu86
28-09-12, 13:52
Have you had any new stress triggers? Or been really busy? If I have a good day...I take full advantage and maybe this pushes yourself too much?

nippy70
28-09-12, 13:55
there have been given by the doc,,, i had some stress last week fours days later the anxiety came back , now i feel as if i have never tookcit and back to the full side effects again ??? not feeling myself ,, feeling like im somebodyelse,, sweats no sleep tired at work ,,, not good wil it pass , i read blips can last over ten days x

cmc46
30-09-12, 09:26
Hi Nippy,

How are you doing, I am going through the same thing, now on week 10 of cit, had two really good weeks, went to the GP on Thursday and said I felt a lot better and he doesn't want to see me for 2 months, within hours of coming home all the anxiety came back and I have been like this ever since, headaches, feeling sick, appetite gone again, I was just wondering if yours had passed now and whether I should just see it through if it is a blip or go back to the GP.

loopylu86
30-09-12, 09:39
It will pass again. You just have to do exactly as you did before to get out of it the first place. Get up and go! There was apoint were there was no relief..What a few bad days aye?

cmc46
30-09-12, 11:45
Thanks Loopylu, I'm hoping it will pass am trying to be as positive as I can which isn't easy at times is it, I keep thinking to myself that it went before and it will again.:)

nippy70
30-09-12, 15:57
Still here with me.... So tired again.. Morning the worse... Been a week Now :weep:

cmc46
30-09-12, 16:45
So sorry to hear that nippy, hope you will be feeling better soon.

lleksam
30-09-12, 18:32
Just in case you might be thinking same drug but different brand might be a problem it is not. in UK drugs are regulated to the point the content must be the same irrespective who produces it. It would only be a possible problem if drugs are sources over the internet from a non UK supplier which is inadvisable as it might not even be a true content of the same drug here.

This is not directly true from what I understand.

From what I was told from pdoc that although the base compound must be using the exact same chemicals it doesn't mean they're the same quality and that the bonding agents for the base compounds can differ.

I was on effexor and when I switchede to a generic brand I felt awful for a week before complaining to my pdoc and getting branded, once I went back to branded I felt normal. I have read many other people experiencing similar out comes when switching from branded to generic.

I would make sure to get the original brand you were on, ask doc to write it on the script and see if you return to feeling normal.

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 23:24
This is not directly true from what I understand.

From what I was told from pdoc that although the base compound must be using the exact same chemicals it doesn't mean they're the same quality and that the bonding agents for the base compounds can differ.

I was on effexor and when I switchede to a generic brand I felt awful for a week before complaining to my pdoc and getting branded, once I went back to branded I felt normal. I have read many other people experiencing similar out comes when switching from branded to generic.

I would make sure to get the original brand you were on, ask doc to write it on the script and see if you return to feeling normal.

That might be the case in Sweden but not in the UK.

little scientist
01-10-12, 10:13
I had issues once with a particular manufacturer of fluoxetine (UK based). While the drug worked the same. I had nasty gastro side effects only on this particular manufacturer - it was thought possibly that it might be related to a colouring in the capsule surrounding the drug, or an ingredient in the capsule (as different brands of fluoxetine came in different coloured capsules)