PDA

View Full Version : I am the most selfish person :(

Laura123
28-09-12, 16:21
I feel so horrible and selfish, my gran (85) has fallen today and broke her hip, she is to get a hip replacement tomorrow, all I can think is omg I can't travel fir an hour to the hospital and I can't cope with going into visit her even if I managed the journey, I am a wreck starting on citalopram, feel so bad for thinking about me, my poor wee gran! :( x

Annie0904
28-09-12, 16:42
Laura don't beat yourself up over it, my daughter was in hospital a couple of weeks ago as she had a seizure caused by dehydration from a sickness bug. I was going to go to the hospital (20 mins away) and then had a panic attack, couldn't stop crying and my husband and Dad went to visit her. I felt like such a useless mother. I appologised to my daughter and she assured me I am the best Mum and understood why I couldn't do it but I just felt hopeless. maybe tomorrow you will feel different but if not I am sure there will be other members of your family who can go? and maybe you can manage to get to see her later. I hope she will be well again soon. :hugs::hugs:

Laura123
28-09-12, 16:46
Aw thanks Annie, that does make me feel not so bad. I'd your daughter ok now? X

Annie0904
28-09-12, 16:49
She has had headaches since the seizure but the doctor said that is normal for a few weeks, it was a big worry for me though. :hugs:

Laura123
28-09-12, 16:57
Poor wee thing, you must have felt awful not going but I completely understand. X