PDA

View Full Version : Conquered Agoraphobia

Edward_1980
28-09-12, 17:10
Hiya guys,

I just want to let people know that I have conquered my Agoraphobia after being housebound for the best part of a year. I was so bad that I had to have every door locked and all the blinds closed every day. If I stepped outside to water the plants I would be a panic attack and going weak in the legs due to the anxiety. I took small steps first. I water the plants in the garden (I did this at 2am in the morning because I knew there would be no one around. The next step I took was conquering my enormous fair of the local shop. I had a panic attack in there when I was queuing in line. I went weak in the legs and started to hyperventilate and ran out. That shop was a trigger for me, but I went back in there with fear in my mind and I realized that nothing was going to happen. It was a success for me and I was proud of myself. I now go shopping, to the cinema and dining out without feeling anxiety and panic. I no longer keep the doors locked and the blinds closed. I just want to say that I understand what it's like to be Agoraphobic and I want to tell everyone that you can beat it.:hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
29-09-12, 15:13
Just like to say what an achievement my poor grandad suffered with agoraphobia all his life, he never new how lovely the world was, he passed away twenty years ago ,so you keep going and well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx