PDA

View Full Version : 150mg Pregabalin (Side Effects)

Edward_1980
28-09-12, 18:09
I started this drug a few weeks ago and I am after finding out that it elates me to the point of complete hyper episodes. I can't rest, I clean the house over and over. I have also discovered that it causes severe rage from me. I explained this to my Psychiatrist yesterday and she called it "Violent Emotions". Has anyone ever experienced this while on the drug? She refused to take me off of it in case I began having panic attacks again. I am on it for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and wondering if I should just get off the stuff.

xtremx
28-09-12, 19:12
Hi, I have noticed that my temper has got worse whilst I have been on pregabalin. I have been on then now for around 9 months and at 450mg aday and I seem to turn from nice guy to a demon at the drop off a hat.

I find some strange things have been happening of late and this after reading you post could be linked, the strangest one is if I find I have to repeat what I say 3 times on the 3rd I will get very angery I will swear and get very stressed.
And sometimes if someone says something to me in a way I find out off order I sometimes us threatening behavour towards them.

BUT and I say but I am not to sure this is link to pregabalin I just think this is just a new way that anxiety is working its was out. I have spoken to my doctor and they have said it is just something I have to work out.

Hope none of this puts you off Pregabalin because it has been abit of a wonder drug for me atleast.

BobbyDog
28-09-12, 21:23
I wonder if Pregabalin effect's women differently to men.
I did experience elation and it made me a little manic, but these symptom's wore off after about 2/3 week's. But I definitely haven't felt rage/anger, or as you would say "Violent Emotions".

hanshan
29-09-12, 11:23
You are going through a difficult time. Stick with your doctor till things calm down.

Edward_1980
29-09-12, 19:06
I am going to do that Hanshan. Thank you :)