PDA

View Full Version : Hoping this is the start of my recovery

freebird
29-09-12, 03:03
Hi, I have been suffering panic and anxiety for over two years. I have been getting better on and off but find myself going downhill a lot recently. I think I suffer more from anxiety rather than panic as I haven't had a full blown panic attack in a while and its more the fear of them holding me back. At the moment I am fighting constant headaches thought to be sinus and this is holding me back even more. I am desperate at this stage as I feel really awful and MY WEDDING is in 3 weeks time. I am not overly anxious about the wedding I don't think and I am more afraid it is all going to hit me at once.

So can I be helped? I have promised myself while I am waiting on a CBT appointment I will do something online to help myself each day and this is not a life just a mere exsistence.

nomorepanic
29-09-12, 03:14
Hi freebird

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

loopylu86
29-09-12, 08:18
Of course you can be helped!! As annoying as it sounds...It all starts with YOU!! Just keep positive!! I am also a general anxiety sufferer. It started with a panic attack and then I was so scared of another happening that I was constantly judging myself and how was feeling..Made myself a whole lot worse than I had to be..So now am getting back out there. I have made it so much more difficult for myself!! You WILL get there and have an amazing wedding day!!!!!

Annie0904
29-09-12, 09:03
Hi :welcome: I sympathise with you on the sinus issue..I suffer from it a lot. I find steam inhalation helps and alternating hot and cold compresses (10 mins each). I am sure you will find lots of support here. An October wedding will be lovely (I was married in October) :)

freebird
29-09-12, 14:51
Thanks guys for your kind replies. :hugs: Loopylu86 you have described exactly how I feel all the time.

I WILL BEAT THIS!