PDA

View Full Version : Migraine? Feeling confused and speech is funny :(

Anxious_gal
29-09-12, 12:57
I hope it's Just a migraine.
I can't put a sentence together, properly, I keep messing up my words.
I don't feel right at all :(
So scared as it don't feel like a usual migraine.
No aura or headache yet.
But head feels heavy n the sinuses are a bit pressure.
I keep forgetting words n stuff n hard to read as I forget what words.

eternally optimistic
29-09-12, 13:04
Hi

I experienced that years ago, thought I was having a stroke (I WASNT).

I couldnt put words together, mind all over the place. I was reading ceefax on TV and the words got all jumbled up. I got a tight throat, numb arms etc. It was horrible.

If you not sure a migraine, worth running it was your GP.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anxious_gal
29-09-12, 13:15
Might be a migraine, sorry they always scare me.
I woke up feeling out of it n still do but my mums helping me not panic.

Starting to get a headache, n numbness n feel sick.
So might be a silly migrsine after all.

I get the ones that mimic a stroke so Xtra scary.
I panic due to being worried that the confusion n the aura will never go away : (

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

As thanks for the reply nice to know it happens to others n not just me x

Anxious lu
29-09-12, 14:15
Try not to panic, easier said than done I know.

This happened to me a few weeks ago only I had a numb hand aswell. I basically was tryin to tell my boyfriend "my hand is numb" but I was saying "numbing numbing". I knew what I wanted to say but it wasn't coming out. I tried to write on here in my panic and once I read it back it made absolutely no sense at all.

Apparently after tests just to be safe I was told it was a complex migraine. According to the doctor confusion, numbness, speech problems and cision problems are auras of migraines. I have read you can even experience a migraine without an aura or get the aura without the headache.

An hour after I got this I had Vision problems and then got a migraine.

I have had migraines before but only ever involved my sight and a headache so was completely un aware migraines could do this to you. If your worried see your doctor and see of he believes it's a migraine.

I have now been taken off mycrogynon (contraceptive) because it makes them worse and was put on another pill.. Just something to look out for if you are.

Sorry for the essay

Anxious_gal
15-01-13, 04:11
I have gotten a few migraines since then, but anxiety or panicking makes them worse and the symptoms seem to last longer! But it's hard to stay calm heh.
The last one I got, happened at bed time and I suddenly got tired and fell asleep, oh it was wonderful to peacefully sleep through the whole thing :)