PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?? Just want closure...

Julia33
29-09-12, 16:57
I am new to this forum and searching for advice. I am a fit and healthy 37 year old. In may, I had a tumour removed from my spinal cord and have now fully recovered and I am back running the roads. I was convinced I had a tumour in my brain so the doctor put me in for brain scan for reassurance. The results came back stating "no brain tumour or lesions" but "evidence of abnormal t2 signals in the medulla (the part that joins spine to brain). The report said "reasonable to request another appointment". So, the radiologist left it up to me to make another MRI appointment. Do you think this is anything to worry about. I nearly freaked out with the doc who read the report. I made the appointment and the next MRI is on 11th oct (seven weeks after my first one). My friend who works in the med profession said it could be abnormal signals in medulla from major spine surgery. Help!!

Julia xxxxxx

Devyn
30-09-12, 07:31
Since you had cancer there in the past, I would just to be safe. but you're most likely fine. quit worrying :)

Julia33
30-09-12, 08:29
Thanks for your reply and support. Sorry, should have clearly stated in my post that my spinal tumour was not cancerous....was benign, thank goodness, and surgeon said would probably never return. Goodness knows why I asked for a brain scan - worried now though.

Julia xx

Em84
30-09-12, 08:50
I have no idea what that thing is but I would say and kind of spinal surgery would come with risks...it's maybe as your friend said some damage from the procedure...

Fingers crossed for you ...

X

Julia33
30-09-12, 10:22
Thanks Em84,

I feel great in myself and have no headaches, loss of coordination etc to suggest anything wrong. It is just such I pity I have something else to worry about!! Like I said, can't be urgent because I was given the choice to have another scan, it was not forced on me. Also, report states no tumours or lesions which is what I was worried about...oh well, it is a waiting game....

Thanks for your support! Xxxx

Julia xx

loopylu86
30-09-12, 12:05
I think it will be as your friend suggested. The brain scan results came back good and you're feeling good. So that is excellent! Be good to yourself and take care until you find out more. You will be fine! xx

Julia33
30-09-12, 17:01
Thanks LoopyLu86

If I felt unwell then I would be worried, but I feel fine apart from tinnitus. When they detected something they were worried about before, they called me back within a day and I was operated on 4 days later.....all went very well, which I am so relieved about!

Julia xx