PDA

View Full Version : Good news, I think

Tessie28
29-09-12, 18:22
After another crisis in my job [teaching] my husband and I [oh the queen] have made a decision. As of Christmas I am stopping fulltime work. I have been so bad this summer [dreading going back] and am off for 2 weeks with stress. I'm not seeing it as a defeat, I've been at this school over 12 years through depression, anxiety etc etc.
So it will be a new beginning and I wanted to share it with you guys. :D

Annie0904
29-09-12, 18:28
Hi I know what you mean...I am a learning support assistant in a secondary school working with the most difficult students. I have had quite a lot of time off in the past due to anxiety and I am now off with a fractured foot. Not looking forward to going back. I dropped down to 4 days a week last year and coping with that much better. I wish you all the best in your decision and I am sure it will be much less stressful for you. People think it is easy with lots of hols but they don't realise just how much pressure teachers have and the many, many etc hours. x

BobbyDog
29-09-12, 19:51
All the best for the future, time to start planning how you are going to fill your spare time.:D

Tufty
29-09-12, 20:18
Hi Tessie,
This is definatly good news and something to be celebrated. Teaching is a stressful job and unfortunately the good teachers, those who care and give 100% are prone to suffering with the effects of stress. Working part time is a good compromise, there is much more to life than work, unfortunately for a lot of people work defines who they are. You will have a better quality of life working part time, well done for making this decision and thanks for sharing it with us.
Love Sam

Tessie28
30-09-12, 14:54
Thank you so much Sam, Bobby and Annie!
Yes there is no doubt that in spite of the holidays teaching is a more demanding job than ever. As the days go on I am slowly feeling stronger and have nearly two weeks until I have to go back. My head is very supportive, thankfully. Now the future is a little scary but what the heck,
thanks once again for your messages, I love this site so much support and you feel so normal!!:hugs: