PDA

View Full Version : Amazing day!!

loopylu86
29-09-12, 19:37
So as I posted yesterday...I really felt like I was back to square one..Well today has been the best day I have experienced so far! I still can't quite believe all that I have achieved! Firstly I managed a 50 mile round trip over the bridge to Bristol to Cribbs causeway (alone) I managed to pick up what I was after in the Disney store and also purchased the amazing Epsom bath salts!! I didn't have anxiety ir panic for this entire journey. By the time I returned home to was only around midday so decided to pop to my sisters...I also then ran some errands with her to several shops and helped take the exercise bike from mine to hers (she is still in the process of moving from our shared house to her new one) My day didn't stop there! I visited my grandad AND then drove to see my niece and ither sister in Newport!! I know this is probably a very boring post to read but I can't describe how easily this all came to be today. I said I would wake up positive and that is exactly what I did. I just got up and went!! I then decided to come home and try out my new bath salts with a touch of lavender oil and apart from a bit of a headache this evening I am SO relaxed!! So happy!!!:D

Edward_1980
29-09-12, 19:43
Hiya Loopylu,

I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful day away from Anxiety. I took conqured my fears in a way today. I kept busy and did my best to ignore the signs. I also found that playing the games on the site took my feelings away and restored me to normal thinking. I really hope that this continues for you :)

Annie0904
29-09-12, 19:44
It is not a boring post at all...I am very impressed well done!!!:yahoo: So pleased you have had such a good day...all that in one day, amazing! I woke up to a shaky start but the got to the hairdressers, had my hair done and went to the clothes dept at Sainsbury's on the way back :) My Epsom salts haven't arrived yet though :( My nephew and his wife and 2 children live in Newport (Malpas).

Stormsky
29-09-12, 19:47
The key was in your statement to yourself...you said you would wake up and have a good day, and that's what you got!

loopylu86
29-09-12, 19:50
Hiya Loopylu,

I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful day away from Anxiety. I took conqured my fears in a way today. I kept busy and did my best to ignore the signs. I also found that playing the games on the site took my feelings away and restored me to normal thinking. I really hope that this continues for you :)

Thank you Edward! So glad you had a really sucessful day! I vowed to wake today be positive! I did just that...I could of easily just stayed in bed but I went for it...The busier I stayed the less anxious I felt!! We really are in the power!!

Edward_1980
29-09-12, 19:52
Thank you Edward! So glad you had a really sucessful day! I vowed to wake today be positive! I did just that...I could of easily just stayed in bed but I went for it...The busier I stayed the less anxious I felt!! We really are in the power!!

You said it!!! The busier we keep the more the thoughts will be conquered. Let this be the beginning of something new for us :hugs:

loopylu86
29-09-12, 19:59
It is not a boring post at all...I am very impressed well done!!!:yahoo: So pleased you have had such a good day...all that in one day, amazing! I woke up to a shaky start but the got to the hairdressers, had my hair done and went to the clothes dept at Sainsbury's on the way back :) My Epsom salts haven't arrived yet though :( My nephew and his wife and 2 children live in Newport (Malpas).

Good evening! So you had a really good day too! Did you enjoy your hair appointment? I always find it so relaxing! Then Sainsbury after! This is amazing!!
I could easily of not bothered today but I felt ok so took the opportunity..the more I did...ok turned into great! You are in for a treat with the bath salts Annie! They smell beautiful and really do the trick... I bought them in H&B and the lady convinced me to purchase some lavender oil to drop in the bath...Well I did just that...and am now in bed with my lovely warm sheep lol. It really proves how taking care of yourself and positivity works! xx

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

The key was in your statement to yourself...you said you would wake up and have a good day, and that's what you got!

I really feel that this was key in how I achieved so much today. To a non-anxiety sufferer this was just a regular day...but today,for me was abreak through. I really feel so rested and peaceful. I couldn't sleep last night...So applied a meditation tactic..I concentrated on thinking...of nothing. I was asleep within minutes.

Annie0904
29-09-12, 20:01
Laura got hers today too so she will be trying them out. I have lavender oil (in fact I have lots of different oils that I use for aromatherapy massages) Chamomile oil is good also.
I did enjoy my appointment, chatted all the time, had a cup of tea...I feel so much better now. I bought a little dress in Sainsbury's (not for me, see last nights thread for more info!). Really pleased our day has gone so well...keep the positive attitude!!!

Serenitie
29-09-12, 20:19
What a lovely positive post to read :D Good for you!!! :yahoo: So glad you had a great day to build further success upon :yesyes:

loopylu86
29-09-12, 20:29
What a lovely positive post to read :D Good for you!!! :yahoo: So glad you had a great day to build further success upon :yesyes:

Thank you! It just proves though how the worst kind of day CAN be followed by a great one! It is all about how you chose to deal with the bad day. I will no doubt have more bad days but that I can manage as long as I know there are good ones just around the corner!!!

4 weeks ago I couldn't leave the house AT ALL!!

Annie0904
29-09-12, 20:30
I will no doubt have more bad days but that I can manage as long as I know there are good ones just around the corner!!!

4 weeks ago I couldn't leave the house AT ALL!!

No loopylu...you will have LESS bad days:D

Stormsky
29-09-12, 20:40
Sometimes you just have to get angry with the anxiety, tell it your not taking any more, set a positive mind set...and your on the road to recovery.

loopylu86
29-09-12, 20:48
No loopylu...you will have LESS bad days:D
I am already planning my day tomorrow :D

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Sometimes you just have to get angry with the anxiety, tell it your not taking any more, set a positive mind set...and your on the road to recovery.
That is how I felt yesterday and that is exactly the attitude I have applied. I see my anxiety as a naughty child..I will not pay attention!!

Annie0904
29-09-12, 20:48
That's great news...long may it continue :yesyes:

loopylu86
29-09-12, 21:19
I know! Just a shame Laura is having a rough day. We will all get through it together!! xx

Annie0904
29-09-12, 21:42
I know poor Laura, wish I knew how to cheer her up x

loopylu86
29-09-12, 22:09
I was feeling that way yesterday and it's hell. We have all been there but she will get there and so will all of us! XX

Lissa101
29-09-12, 23:12
Great to hear you had a good day Loopy! It cheers the rest of us up. Fantastic attitude as well, hope it continues xx