PDA

View Full Version : A newbie here!

viking
29-09-12, 19:47
Hi I am a carer, my lovely partner is now on his fifth lot of Citalopram but has never had any counseling, the last 10 years have been interspersed with breakdown, tablets, come of tablets then wait until the next time. At the moment I am feeling resentful because of the way his illness affects the family, frightened for the future as each time he seeks help he is lower than the time before and at a loss as to how I can help him. I could ramble but would like to deal with my issues bit by bit.

Annie0904
29-09-12, 19:52
Hi :welcome: Maybe you doctor could refer your partner for counselling? It really does help. :hugs:

nomorepanic
29-09-12, 19:58
Hi viking

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

viking
29-09-12, 20:54
He is going to ask for CBT but I need to tell him how the family's lives have been affected, me, the kids, all of us.

Annie0904
29-09-12, 21:04
I think he may realise how it affects the family...that is one of the worst things for me that I know my anxiety can affect my family, I didn't want my kids to see me anxious and depressed and not be able to go places with them sometimes and how it affected my husband by telling him I just want to die but it is because I have had his love and support and the support of a counsellor that I am getting through this and getting better. I hope that the counselling and support from you, he will be able to get through this so that you can enjoy a better quality of family life :hugs: