PDA

View Full Version : Heavy dizziness, weak legs..

Shepherd
29-09-12, 20:44
So I've been dealing with panic attacks here and there and frequent heath anxiety for just about 5 months now..one thing I can't seem to shake is the dizziness. It's not like room spinning, or being on a boat..but feels like a mild rush in my head and it stays with me almost all day, I notice my legs also go weak when I feel like this( almost all the time) and I seem to get the jitters( nervous tremors)

I don't believe that the dizziness is caused my hyperventilating, as I could just be laying down calm then all of a sudden a wave of dizziness that doesn't go away.

I also have this fear that dizzy = faint and die. I would tie that to my father having a heart attack, passing out and dying in June '11 ( which I witnessed and worked on him(CPR))

I'm on 1mg of ativan 3 times a day but it doesn't do much except help me sleep. Talking to the doc about that Monday.

Has anyone felt like this? Or recovered? If so, how?

Annie0904
29-09-12, 20:47
Dizziness is a very common symptom of anxiety, I know it is an awful feeling but you won't faint or die from it. It is a good idea to discuss it with your doctor and maybe ask to be referred for counselling it really does help. I use Bach rescue remedy when I start to feel dizzy.

Shepherd
29-09-12, 21:06
Thanks Annie, I know is common with anxiety, I'm just tired of it. Never heard of Bach rescue remedy, maybe because I'm in the US.

Annie0904
29-09-12, 21:10
You can buy it in chemists here and it is also sold on this site :hugs:

Gotagetthroughthis
29-09-12, 21:16
Hi Shepard, I think im suffering from the same thing as you. I call it like a fuzzy head sensation. Its like im permanently slightly dizzy/lightheaded and every now and then it gets more severe where the fuzz hits my head and i feel like i cant function properly. Its a horrible feeling. Its like my brain is buzzing away yup there.

The doctors don't seem to give me much advice or say what could be causing it, they basically think im moaning and its just my anxiety.

Im trying to get referred to a neurologist at the moment.

I have know idea if its the anxiety causing it or something else but im very interested in hearing what other people think. Hopefully you can find some answers here.

Jules147
29-09-12, 21:47
It is caused by the anxiety and yes you are hyperventilating. Chronic hyperventilation is silent but has the same effect on the CO2/oxygen balance in your blood stream causing light-headedness. The adrenaline will also deplete your blood sugar reserves and this can contribute to it, especially prior to eating.

Shepherd
29-09-12, 22:24
I have to disagree, I was asthmatic for years and learned how to control my breathing through the diaphragm. Even the doc says my breathing is fine.

Gotagetthroughthis
29-09-12, 22:33
Glad you said that Shepherd. Jules i know your trying to help and you have commented in some of my threads in the past, which has reassured me at times but we cant always guarantee these things are anxiety. I know i do not hyperventilate and i get these fuzzy dizzy spells out of nowhere even when i have know anxiety and my mind is on completely different things.

Gotagetthroughthis
30-09-12, 17:20
Hi Shepard how are you feeling today? Any luck with finding anything out about your symptoms?

Shepherd
03-10-12, 00:43
I put them down to constant neck and shoulder tension, and the viscous circle of worrying about why I'm dizzy.

Shepherd
04-10-12, 02:04
Blood test results today, all perfect. Doc says blood type is B+..BE Positive. Haha.

panic12
04-10-12, 08:08
Great news :)