PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very stressed and alone...

pinkunicorn
29-09-12, 22:19
Hi everyone,I just need to talk,maybe get some words of comfort. I just feel overwhelmed. I have two grandmas still with us,both my grandads are gone. In the last week,we've been told that one may have bowel cancer and one may have cancer on her face. She has a growth,and a cyst on her lymph nodes,so she needs to be operated on. I'm trying to think positive,as we don't know anything for definite yet,but this stage of not knowing,waiting,it's horrible. My grandma who may have bowel cancer is back at the hospital on Tuesday,then back again on the 9th October for the results. They've told her,they've found 'something nasty' that could be bowel cancer and that whatever it is she's had it for 6 months. I just can't take it all in,I'm trying not to,but I keep getting upset.

The worst thing is,my grandma just told me today about the lump on her face,my dad doesn't know,none in the family does,only me. I already suffer with depression and I'm not handling all this very well. I don't know what else to say,all this isn't about me,it's about both my grandmas and I need to be there to support them. I'm just struggling to take it all in.

fozzy is crying
29-09-12, 22:23
Hi everyone,I just need to talk,maybe get some words of comfort. I just feel overwhelmed. I have two grandmas still with us,both my grandads are gone. In the last week,we've been told that one may have bowel cancer and one may have cancer on her face. She has a growth,and a cyst on her lymph nodes,so she needs to be operated on. I'm trying to think positive,as we don't know anything for definite yet,but this stage of not knowing,waiting,it's horrible. My grandma who may have bowel cancer is back at the hospital on Tuesday,then back again on the 9th October for the results. They've told her,they've found 'something nasty' that could be bowel cancer and that whatever it is she's had it for 6 months. I just can't take it all in,I'm trying not to,but I keep getting upset.

The worst thing is,my grandma just told me today about the lump on her face,my dad doesn't know,none in the family does,only me. I already suffer with depression and I'm not handling all this very well. I don't know what else to say,all this isn't about me,it's about both my grandmas and I need to be there to support them. I'm just struggling to take it all in.

awe I am so sorry for you I have lost a few years ago all my living family so my heart goes out to you. Contact me any time if there is anything I can do even for a general mind off it chit chat,

Meantime I will pray for you and yours and send you these
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Annie0904
29-09-12, 22:30
I am really sorry to hear about your Grandma's and what a very difficult time for you and a lot for you to deal with. It is really difficult at times like this and I hope that you can find support to help you as you care for them. sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs:

pinkunicorn
30-09-12, 22:31
Thanks for the replies .... they mean a lot....it's just really tough,trying to take everything in and the waiting,the not knowing,it's horrible,it's torture.

pinkunicorn
10-10-12, 23:44
Just to update from my last post,my grandma does have bowel cancer. But,the doctors are very positive about the outcome. She's awaiting an operation,possible chemo...but,hopefully everything crossed,she will be ok. Gonna be tough times ahead,but I actually feel better now I know what we are facing...

Thanks to those who offered support...