PDA

View Full Version : Lost - no support

MidnightRunner
30-09-12, 01:24
I'm not sure where to turn anymore. I used to have friends, somewhere to turn if things got bad and always had hope. It's all changed.

Recently my friends and family are very limited with any love, support or just time and a chat, almost like they're fed up that I am limited in what I can/can't do. I've had anxiety problems now over 15 years. I moved out of my house I lived in for ages and I'm now living alone. I'm finding it almost impossible to adjust and I feel like I'm just existing - watching the world go by.

Most of the time to the outside world and a non sufferer I appear 'normal' but inside we know what it is like. I can't work which makes it worse, just wish I could do a job I was comfortable with but it's just impossible to find local/home work.

I don't want to waste anymore of my life. I just want to be happy.

How does everyone cope with these sort of things?

xBettyBoopx
30-09-12, 01:32
Hi Jamie

I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I can't work either, I am stuck indoors mostly.

I find it difficult to cope most of the time, most of my days are bad tbh. I have to remember that there is always hope while I am breathing. Tomorrow is another day and things can change, we can get better.....if we don't have hope then we have nothing.

:bighug1: for you.

theharvestmouse
30-09-12, 15:21
I empathise with you Jamie, I know what its like, I have struggled with this for so long now, you should seek help, have you been to your GP?

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 15:32
I'm not sure where to turn anymore. I used to have friends, somewhere to turn if things got bad and always had hope. It's all changed.

Recently my friends and family are very limited with any love, support or just time and a chat, almost like they're fed up that I am limited in what I can/can't do. I've had anxiety problems now over 15 years. I moved out of my house I lived in for ages and I'm now living alone. I'm finding it almost impossible to adjust and I feel like I'm just existing - watching the world go by.

Most of the time to the outside world and a non sufferer I appear 'normal' but inside we know what it is like. I can't work which makes it worse, just wish I could do a job I was comfortable with but it's just impossible to find local/home work.

I don't want to waste anymore of my life. I just want to be happy.

How does everyone cope with these sort of things?

:bighug1::bighug1:

It is always difficult if you have limited family and friends to turn to or those like me nothing. Non sufferers mostly cannot understand how you are feeling and it is easier for them to ignore you and your problems and even worse turn their backs sometimes and walk away. They need to be educated not only in what it is all about but the right ways to help.

It might be you could get them to look at this site with you so they can see you are amongst so many who have mental health issues.Another way if you have a support worker would be to invite them to sit in at your next meeting.

Do they know 1 in 4 now in the UK will suffer sometime in their life? Unless they move to place where they can hide form everyone they cannot hide form this major problem in our society.

theharvestmouse
30-09-12, 16:10
Fozzy have you had any treatment, medication or therapy?

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 16:15
Fozzy have you had any treatment, medication or therapy?

I am on tons of medication. Years ago I had support but it is a long story even my GP and MP cannot sort out that I am not getting any support or treatment.

Gordon

theharvestmouse
30-09-12, 16:56
What sort of support do you think would help you? It sounds like you want to get your life back on track, all hope is not lost, you must still believe that you can overcome this.

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 17:01
What sort of support do you think would help you? It sounds like you want to get your life back on track, all hope is not lost, you must still believe that you can overcome this.

I need all sorts but I do not want to go into a lot of it if any on a forum thread.

Gordon

MidnightRunner
01-10-12, 00:23
Thank you all for your replies. I've been to the gp before, I've explored so many avenues but certain friends and family in my life are treating me so bad I just want to run away, me an anxiety sufferer run! You see that's how bad it is.

It really would like my life back, I just need to stay away from my own area but have nowhere. I guess I'm down playing how bad I feel and how desperately unhappy I am. I've been trying so hard but I'm lost now. I spent hours sitting alone today just thinking. Now winter is coming short nights etc.

Guess I just need something to look forward to.

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 00:31
Running away for you is not the answer. You might have little support from family and friends as they do not understand but you do have them. If you run away you will be like me with nothing. Believe me you do not want that!!!!

Gordon

Stormsky
01-10-12, 00:36
They say 'your as happy as you make up your mind to be'...
You need to set yourself some goals, something to achieve, join a club, hobbies... sitting alone thinking is not good, i know, ive been there.... living in your head causes more anx! Keeping busy is key, living as normal a life as possible is key too...
Live like you dont have the condition.... positive thinking is hard, but you have to to do it...