PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys,I'm new here!

Manicman
30-09-12, 09:18
Hi,don't know really where to start!IM forty years old,married with two children and am self employed and have been suffering from anxiety and depression for about twenty years(when I see how long that is it makes me feel very sad).Always thought my use of recreational drugs in my late teens brought this all on but when I think about my childhood I think I was fairly anxious socially although always hide it well.I stopped taking drugs when I was twenty one and decided to seek help for depression and anxiety for which I was prescribed medication(can't recall which)anyway seemed to have no affect and decided to come of it and resigned myself to the fact that this was as good as it got and I would just have to live with it.About 3 years ago was introduced to a counsellor who agreed to help me once a week,together we worked over my feelings,recommended books to read ect and went through a type of twelve step programme.After a year I was better but still struggling so he suggested I see a physiatrist who could prescribe some medication and have been on 40mg catilopram ever since.I have been a lot better since still with the ups and downs but life is like that(cant be all ups)Recentally have been under a lot of pressure and my anxiety moods have come back big time and makes you realise you forget how bad they can be and how powerful the mind is!IVe been looking at the posts and looks like I'm in the right place!
Thanks

Pipkin
30-09-12, 09:29
Hi there and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 09:30
Hi Manicman

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

haduken
30-09-12, 09:47
hey manicman im 25. and reading your story is similar to mine about the recreational drugs and high doses of citalapram only im not married or ha e kids.. i am diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (not due to my history of drugs) if you would like to talk or anything feel free to message me or

best wishes

Annie0904
30-09-12, 10:58
Hi :welcome: I hope you find lots of support here.

Manicman
30-09-12, 17:14
Hi,thanks for the warm welcome!