PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Paul H
30-09-12, 12:21
Hello

I'm Paul and I've just joined up. I will declare from the start that I am a therapist but I have no intention of selling my services here. That would be against your terms and conditions. It would also, I imagine, be against my ethical code. So, why am I here? I'm here to learn more of how people experience their anxiety. If I can, however, offer any suggestions as to how people could help themselves or find help elsewhere then I will try my best. I hope that my being here doesn't contravene any of the T&Cs.

I was once affected by arachnophobia. I'm still not on hugging terms with large house spiders but I can deal with them fairly comfortably and no longer feel the need to scan every corner when entering a different room of my house. I suppose I could work on my rapport with house spiders until I could appreciate their beauty etc but I'm happy with where I am with them and have more important things to do.

What else, well, I'm married with two young daughters and teach during the day in order to pay the bills. I intend, one day, to stop teaching in order to work full-time in private practice but that will take time and patience.

Best wishes one and all.

Paul

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 12:31
Hi Paul H

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
30-09-12, 14:00
Welcome to the forums. As you're a therapist, it will be interesting to have your input. :)

MRS STRESS ED
30-09-12, 14:13
:welcome:its nice for you to join us :yesyes:

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 15:12
:welcome: enjoy.

Rls1994
30-09-12, 15:20
Hiya Paul! Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Paul H
30-09-12, 17:28
Thanks everyone. This is proving to be a lovely and supportive place.