PDA

View Full Version : Could these be sinus related?

loopylu86
30-09-12, 14:18
So yesterday was amazing..but it did end with quite an intense headache. I mangaed a good night sleep again but today has been awful..anxiety has been ok but the headache is SO painful. It is all in my forehead and behind my eyes/temples. I also have the sorest of shoulders and neck. I have taken Ibuprofen and tried a warm bottle on my neck but nothng is easing it. I also feel quite woozy with it and I decided to pop out to my sisters. Now I didn't feel too anxious..was quite relaxed infact but found myself focusing on the headache and well..my thought to more sinister things and sure enough I could feel the anxiety rise. I decided to come back home and have a bath and relax for the afternoon/evening but felt a little woozy in the car. I wouldn't describe it as DP or anywhere near the worst kind of anxiety but I am quite concerned by this headache. My nose isn't runny or like I have a cold..I have had a sniff of my Olbas oil stick and nothing is blocked but it does feel that way under the eye area...What could be causing this headache and wooziness? I am starting to feel anxious worrying about these feelings. :blush:

Annie0904
30-09-12, 14:33
Try putting a hot compress (or your sheep!) over your nose, under eyes for 10 mins then a cold compress for 10 mins. That is what the doc told me to do for my sinus and it does help. Also steam inhalation with a couple of menthol crystals in. :hugs:

loopylu86
30-09-12, 14:43
Thank you Annie! It isn't the kind of headache that hurts when I cough or move it is just very dull and annoying and made me very sleepy. I took 2 ibuprofen a few hours ago and just took one tablet for hayever/sinus I am now worried that mixing the two could be a lethal mix!! My housemate gave it to me and assured me that she takes them all the time but she is moving out today so might just want to kill me!! I am going to heat my sheep! xx

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/sheep teddy from momay

Annie0904
30-09-12, 14:46
I used to take sudafed with my anx meds until my daughter (she is a pharmacologist) told me that I shouldn't take them as they react badly together. It does sound like sinus if it is making you sleepy. I have finished my antibiotics for mine but they are still aching although not as bad as last week. They affect me on the top of my head as well. I hope your sheep does the trick! xx

loopylu86
30-09-12, 14:52
How handy having a pharmacologist for a daughter!!! I bet you are all clued up!! xx

Annie0904
30-09-12, 15:06
I asked her to call and get me some sudafed and she said "Mam you can't take those with your meds!!!" I wondered why I had always felt worse when I took them! :D x

loopylu86
30-09-12, 15:31
Lol!! Your little ways are so endearing Annie! Always makes me smile ..I usually check all boxes and google like a loon before taking anything. Seems to of done the trick though! Going to run my Epsom bath soon. I have the muscle and joint one in the green box. Which did you order? xx

Annie0904
30-09-12, 16:01
Errm...I don't know lol It just said for the bath. I ordered it on ebay the same as Laura and it comes in bags so we have to find something to put it in :) I could do with it today to soak my foot, it is quite swollen and purple today :(

loopylu86
30-09-12, 16:27
Oh no!! Well lets hope that they come soon! They should definitely help!! Why is it more purple today? Did you bang it or is it from the carpet incident the other day? Just lead here thinking too much about my headache and how it has eased but I still feel really spaced out from it. I had a thought about how I was feeling and just felt a surge of adrenaline be released. I was worrying about collapsing/fainting again. I don't feel this is a set back but I just want to concentrate on the here and now. xx

theharvestmouse
30-09-12, 16:47
Shame because Sudafed is usually good for unblocking sinus's. Sometimes I rub a bit of vics vapour under my nostrils to help clear them.

Annie0904
30-09-12, 16:53
Maybe it is more purple today because I did a bit more yesterday and today I have had not had it raised so much. I have been wrapping Christmas presents! They were in the attic and I sent my husband up to get them and there is so much up they and he didn't know what i was talking about so I put my trainers on and struggled up the ladder which I know I shouldn't but I wanted to get the presents posted surface mail to Japan. The ladders made me a bit anxious and I have been shaking a bit all afternoon. Then I realised I had missed out one of my tablets this morning so have just taken it. I am hoping I am going to start feeling better, I am feeling a little bit tearful. I am pleased you are seeing how you are feeling as it not being a set back...I will try to be the same :)