PDA

View Full Version : blood in bowel movement

Em.ma
30-09-12, 15:12
hello
today had blood in bm wasnt straining and had no blood when wiping just in bm
it was loose aswell not dirreohea but loose :( thats the two things they mention on the bowel cancer advert+ all the other things recently in my previous threadhttp://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121810&page=2
terrified i have cancer now again
sweating with anxiety again

and this thread http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118771 was having trouble then to

JoannaS
30-09-12, 15:18
Hi, I had this a few years ago. Turns out I had a polyp in my bowel. They're harmless but have to be removed as if left in there they can turn cancerous, but we're talking about 10 years or so! That was the only symptom I had. May be worth being referred for a colonoscopy. Hope you feel better soon.

MRS STRESS ED
30-09-12, 15:21
Hi I understand you being worried, but a friend of mine had the same it turned out to be nothing ,go see your Dr get it checked it will hopefully give you peace of mind xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

Em.ma
30-09-12, 15:29
thanks
im so freaking scared its unbelievable i cant cope with life anymore like this its driving me crazy
im convinced this time im terminally ill ive spent the last hour in tears over this :(

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

thank you i will book a docs app :'(
dont know how to cope until then though :(

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

their was nothing when wiping and no strainig it was in the actual stool i cant cope with this
i really dont want to die im terrified of death more than terrified

MRS STRESS ED
30-09-12, 15:30
Put all your energy into not worrying instead of worrying lol if you no what I mean see what the Dr says to you take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

Em.ma
30-09-12, 15:40
it explains the back pains aswell and all the other ones

thanks hun ill try to hold it together i wont get an app straight away so ill have to x

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 15:40
Are you sure it wasn't food?

Em.ma
30-09-12, 15:45
no it was for sure blood...
it didnt look like food at all to me
:(
ive never suffered with things like this up until the last few months never had seen food in my poo before or blood

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

the back pain maybe its related just seems to coincdental ahh

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 16:00
I get bleeding like this but I have bowel issues as you know.

Best to ask the doc as we can't second guess what it is really.

Em.ma
30-09-12, 16:26
thanks i will do. ill book when they open tommorow can only do fridays so will have to wait a while though
just dont know how to remain calm until i can :(

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

ive had a few bm like this in the last two months or so

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

oh it was fresh looking blood aswell not old looking blood

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

im also scared the doc will me its cancer

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

the slight back pains made me think even more that this is it

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 16:42
It is highly unlikely to be bowel cancer at all Emma and fresh blood would generally mean that it isn't serious - maybe a pile or a fissure (tear).

It could be any number of things from Crohn's diease, diverticular disease, Colitis, IBS - anything really.

Go and see the doc before Friday or you will just worry more.

Em.ma
30-09-12, 16:46
okey dokey
:)
ill see if i can i work 8-5 mon-thurs and 8-1 fri so its a bit akward
ive had a week of work wish it had happened last week as could of just popped to the docs anytime i wanted to :/

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

i always thought tears and piles would show up when wiping and be outside the stool though?

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 17:17
if the tear is higher up then it would appear on the stool.

surely work can give you time off for the doctor's

Em.ma
30-09-12, 18:49
yes they would but ive been told off about the days ive taken of for it already so its not really an option at the moment...
the back pain with it is frigtening though
its very very mild pain though and not their all the time

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

i dont know how to get bowel cancer out my head

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

ive never had back trouble with aniety ever and ive been like this for 2 years now
so im really worried its connected to the blood issue

ElizabethJane
30-09-12, 18:56
Defintely go to the docs. It is unlikely to be bowel cancer. I have very thin skin around my anus which is prone to tear. A fissure can be incredibly painful but there are creams that will cure it without needing surgery. I've had a fissure twice. The first time I had surgery. The second time cured with a special type of cream. I'm sure you'll be fine. Ice is good for localised pain and sitting on a cushion! EJ.

Em.ma
30-09-12, 19:02
thanks its not really a pain its a very mild niggle in back now and again

i know its unlikely but their is a chance i have no pain when going to the loo
it was also loose and the ad for bowel cancer says loose and blood i just have it stuck in my head that this is cancer
i have this image in my head of the doc telling me i have it
im sorry i just cant get over it this has to be something bad :(
i dont even know how ill sleep tonight honestly or until i can see a doc
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121589 this thread here is why i cant die i really dont want to

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 19:05
Emma that advert is aimed at people over 50 really which is why older people appear in it.

I am fairly certain you do not have bowel cancer - as I said before it is more likely to be nothing or one of the things I listed.

Em.ma
30-09-12, 19:08
thanks i
always sky + stuff i watch and skip the ads incase it comes on lol i avoid that and most things medical alltogether
only person that can say is the doc will just have to cope till then somehow

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 19:12
Emma that advert is aimed at people over 50 really which is why older people appear in it.

I am fairly certain you do not have bowel cancer - as I said before it is more likely to be nothing or one of the things I listed.

So aimed at me then Nicola? Gee thanks us now that over 60 get all sorts aimed at us. Some would like it to include a gun. :blush::roflmao:

alwaysadirectioner
30-09-12, 20:38
I have had blood, but im not sure if its my period, but im not due, im really worried, im only 14, but im worried if it is cancer, im gonna throw my whole life away!

Em.ma
30-09-12, 21:28
in your stool? i doubt its cancer hun your 14 its very unlikely x

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

The mild back pains in my last thread r stil scaring me into thinking the worst here!!

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 23:16
Sorry Fozzy lol - nothing personal to the over 50's

uk23
01-10-12, 00:00
Don't you have IBS Emma? I get terrible back pains from mine.

lo89
01-10-12, 00:38
Not to be funny but how can you be sure it was blood? I have never had that sort of problem before and it isn't something that I really worry about, but certain foods can change the colour of your poo. If it were blood there would probably be some there when you wiped.

Em84
01-10-12, 16:56
Hi Emma

I have seen a couple of your posts and was wondering if you have seen your doctor recently regarding your Anxiety? Not because anything is wrong with you but I get the impression your Anxiety is really affecting you...

My anxiety is sky high at the min but I seem to be lurking about here for reassurance at the min.....

I just feel bad for you hun and when i read your posts I almost feel the anxiety you have....I'm sure your ok....Are you on any meds? If not maybe IBS...

I hope your ok?

Xx

katielou80
01-10-12, 17:47
ive had blood and mucus in mine, im 32 and my dr wasnt worried. my hubby gets lots of blood from time to time. i really wouldnt worry emma x

Em.ma
01-10-12, 18:49
hiya i dont feel so bad today about the whole thing as what i did yesterday because i was working
im not on meds i have seen doc got reffered to counessling who then said i wasnt bad enough for their counessling no matter how much i insisted i need help and tbh i gave up trying ever since. i did try cit med and the 1st dose made me so anxious i stopped now scared to try again

today was working with gel air freshers all day long the smell is horrendous lol i have a funny feeling in throat now trying to tell my self people have worked with this stuff for years and are still fine and living healthily though .

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

also tommorow going to bring my own gloves in but i did touch a lot of the gel air freshner today and have a small rash on hand?

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 18:49
It is not counselling you need Emma it is CBT so go back and ask for a referral for that as per the NICE guidelines.

Em.ma
01-10-12, 19:04
ok i booked my app today for the docs anyway needs to be sorted once and for all
the rash is a bit itchy now gonna cover hands tommorow
severe allergic reaction would kill straight away though?
http://www.weareelectricals.com/img.php/8295/thumb its like this stuff not that brand though the whole area just stinks of spray air freshener but in liquid form
that doesnt bother me and im not worried at all about working their tommorow again doesnt phase me just the tiny rash

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 19:09
Emma you are always coming home from work and posting about various chemicals and rashes and itches etc.

Can you not change jobs as this is a big part of your HA illness?

Em.ma
01-10-12, 20:33
I won't quit until I find something else... It's finding the energy to go looking I check websites but havnt done more than that to look yet. My face feels dry and itchy and have sneezed a few times since been home thing is I feel fine when their no worries what so ever..

Em.ma
02-10-12, 19:15
today got severe pain when moving under ribs and centre tummy down to belly button not hurting when kept still muscle pain or a sign of a lung collasping?

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

hurts when breating in to deeply

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

when i sneeze etc the area above belly button is in serious agony

nomorepanic
02-10-12, 19:20
Emma if you are really ill then call the out of hours doc

Em.ma
02-10-12, 19:26
hiya i get worried when people say that do you mean to calm my anxious state or because you think i am physically unwell

can i ask how long can i expect to wait for cbt and can they "rush" along the referall if i insist i really am in dire need of help?

lizzie29
02-10-12, 19:33
Noone here can say if you're physically ill as we're not doctors and haven't seen you. If YOU think you are that bad then maybe you should call the doctors. However, if you're honest with yourself, do you deep down think it's anxiety?
I've tried giving you ways of helping to manage your anxiety but you don't try them. You HAVE to help yourself. It's not easy and we've all had to do it, and still are. Have you been totally honest with your doctor? I'm sure if they saw how you're posting on here they'd think you need cbt. You need to be persistent with them and keep going back about your anxiety. Posting on here doesn't reassure you, we can't help you and the only person that can is a doctor. You say that you can't have time off work to go, but you have to make time. It's your health and this anxiety is taking over your life.

Em.ma
02-10-12, 19:38
thanks
i do think its a severe muscle pain/pulled muscle but theres always that what if their as its right in the centre above from belly button when sneezing
your right about everything youve said in your post lizzie i dont understand how this relaspe happened but its time to take control
i do fear badly that cbt wont work and im doomed to be like this always

lizzie29
02-10-12, 19:40
I think you'd know about it if you had a collapsed lung, especially as you've had this all day.
Cbt can and does work. It's not easy and requires hard work, determination and persistence. But it'll be worth it :-)

Em.ma
03-10-12, 18:44
today had blood in stool and again and a thing that looked like a tooth
roll on the docs app in a right old state again

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

worried because of the rib pain and centre tummy area up from belly button pain when sneezing or moving
just cant get bowel cancer out of head all these funny stools started 2 months agohttp://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118771
so doubt is anxiety as had that two years now and never affected stools

uk23
03-10-12, 19:37
Do you have IBS Emma?

Em.ma
03-10-12, 19:40
never been told i have :)

uk23
03-10-12, 20:07
I think it might be worth getting checked out for that. IBS can cause horrible pains, cramps etc and many of the symptoms you have. I have also had blood in my stool and pains in the same places as you after 8 years with IBS - it just changed. The blood the doctor said was most likely an internal haemorrhoid and if it doesn't go away then to see him again for more tests.

Em.ma
03-10-12, 22:03
Thanks I think thE pain is muscular as it hurts when moving etc and it's all over ribs and tummy when moving

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Tummy really hurts when stretching or moving sooooo scares this is cancer :('

uk23
03-10-12, 22:21
Could also be your intestines, but then they are just muscle as well and can ache. I would really get checked for IBS - anxiety doesnt cause IBS but it can make it show or make it worse. At least then you can get some pills for it to help.

Em.ma
04-10-12, 17:34
Thanks I'll see what doc says. Today tummy hurting especially when I suck tummy in it kills . Also one hip hurting

Ventussi
10-10-12, 18:56
How are you, Emma? Have you seen the doc? Still got those bloody bms?

Em.ma
12-10-12, 17:14
hiya
next friday i do thanks for asking
i also get this thing that looks like a tooth in bm lol

venusbluejeans
12-10-12, 20:23
Emma have you eaten anything with sweetcorn in it? even if it was only a tiny amount in something?

Em.ma
12-10-12, 21:04
Nope :)

nomorepanic
13-10-12, 00:57
So how have things been then?

Em.ma
13-10-12, 21:06
Hiya not to bad no more blood. Got back ache at moment knew a girl that had this thought it was muscular and it was cancer she died at 18 so bit worried x