PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about eyes - answers so appreciated!

ElectricAlice
30-09-12, 16:55
When you compare the difference between your left to your right, are the following things supposed to happen:

difference in lightness (my left looks more dark, slightly) ?
difference in colour (slightly) ?

And my left is randomly blurry and a bit sore. Intermittently.
It seems a bit red too.

I do have astigmatism in my left eye though, is it supposed to be blurry without glasses/lenses too?

I'm scared because of my MS fears :(

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 16:59
All sounds normal to me. I have most of the same and I know mine are ok.

If you are really worried see your Doctor. However I am sure you are OK

:bighug1:

ElectricAlice
30-09-12, 17:01
Thank you :)

Is one of yours more blurry than the other?

I had a full health check up in my eye from the opticians, they said everything is okay, apart from astigmatism.

It just feels like my left eye vision is... off and duller.

But then the whole side of my left body feels weird, so it's probably just because I'm focusing on it.

I'm not wearing corrective lenses for my astigmatism, I'm short sited anyway.

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 17:29
Thank you :)

Is one of yours more blurry than the other?

I had a full health check up in my eye from the opticians, they said everything is okay, apart from astigmatism.

It just feels like my left eye vision is... off and duller.

But then the whole side of my left body feels weird, so it's probably just because I'm focusing on it.

I'm not wearing corrective lenses for my astigmatism, I'm short sited anyway.

Yes one is more blurry than the other and that is after operations on both eyes for nuclear sclerosis about 9 years ago. At the time the pre-op, op and post op was done by one of the Worlds top surgeons for this type of operation. I was so lucky he also works for the NHS and at my local eye clinic. However I raised a lot of the point you mentioned and he did very extensive tests as did two of his colleagues he asked to also check. After I was told there was absolutely nothing apart5 from the nuclear sclerosis and he sorted that by surgery. If you are so worried get your GP to refer you to the eye clinic. However in most if not all in England you can self refer.

But stop worrying I am sure everything is OK.

:bighug1:

ElectricAlice
30-09-12, 17:31
Thank you so much for your replies :)

I do have astigmatism and the DR checked my eyes and said they're ok.

So hopefully it's just normal.

ElectricAlice
02-10-12, 14:05
Vision in my left eye is definitely blurrier :( Sometimes.

mike2512
02-10-12, 14:47
Hi, I have an astigmatism in my eyes to and i went through a stage were I was worried about them, but after having them checked at the opticians I stopped worrying and mine are blurry without my lens or glasses on to. x

nervousmummytobe
02-10-12, 15:14
My left is darker and blurrier :) x

ElectricAlice
03-10-12, 19:02
Thanks guys :) I went to the opticians today and she said my eyes look in great health, the left is drier and therefore can cause blurring. And I got a proper lense for my astigmatism too, so it's actually better now :) And I'm worrying less which helps too.

Thanks so much for your replies :hugs:

nervousmummytobe
03-10-12, 20:14
Glad you got reassurance! Xxxx