PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Lucas
30-09-12, 18:33
Hi all, browsed for a while on here and it seems like a good forum so I thought I'd finally share with you. I'm a young lad, 19 years of age, and I've always been of a nervous disposition. Recently though, say the past 12 months, it's all accelerated quickly and it doesn't seem to want to stop. My panic attacks are frightening as you may all know, I'm in constant fear of death. I get chest pains every day which my doctor says is anxiety, they've had a listen and I had a EKG done not so long ago which was perfect. I'm still not assured though and my life quality is so poor. Is it normal not to feel myself? I feel like constantly in a dream, everything is fuzzy, like out-of-body type experience? It may sound odd, but sometimes it feels like I'm a little bit tipsy or when I'm clearly not? It's weird and I'm so worried, I just don't feel normal. I'm on Fluoxetine 20mg and I start CBT in the next fortnight. Sorry for the long post, it just feels good to offload. Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know one or two of you :)

Annie0904
30-09-12, 18:35
Hi :welcome: All the symptoms you describe are anxiety symptoms. The CBT will help you and I am sure you will get lots of support here too.

nomorepanic
30-09-12, 18:44
Hi Lucas

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
30-09-12, 19:48
Hey Lucas,

It look's as though you are taking positive step's to help yourself overcome anxiety, I wish you all the luck.

:welcome:

lleksam
30-09-12, 21:52
Welcome to NMP,

It sounds like you're experiencing a common anxiety symptom called dissociation; depersonalization and derealization.

Best of luck!

Pipkin
30-09-12, 22:30
Hi Lucas and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone. I know you'll make some good friends too - I certainly have.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

shannon1968
01-10-12, 17:12
Hi, Lucas and welcome i am a newcomer to the feelings you mention i get them to i thought i was going mad so at least i dont feel alone. I would feel sometimes as if the floor was moving and i would also feel as if i was a bit spacey if that makes sense. I try to focus on other things but that is easier said than done so maybe this sight might at least give me something to focus on.