PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack...

GunMetal
30-09-12, 18:46
Hi sorry this will probably be full of spelling mistakes. Am really panicking right now. Can't breathe and really freaking out. Am really scared that its not anxiety and there's something wrong.

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 18:49
Get your partner to give you a big:bighug1:and try to relax.

Annie0904
30-09-12, 18:57
I am sure it is anxiety and it will go, it cannot harm you, try to focus on positive things, tell yourself it is just a panic attack and will go and not harm you. :hugs:

Edward_1980
30-09-12, 19:02
Annie is right. Anxiety and Panic cannot hurt you. Think of something which makes you happy and concentrate on that. Try not to think about your breathing. You are going to get through this :)

GunMetal
30-09-12, 19:10
Thank you so much guys. Am feeling slightly better than before now, just annoys me how no matter how many times you get anxiety and panic, every attack feels completely different and like its something serious

Edward_1980
30-09-12, 19:13
I know exactly how you are feeling. You'd think that we would know it's just a panic attack, but I understand exactly that all logic goes out the window with the next one and a whole new set of symptoms comes along. I am glad you are feeling better slightly. Just remember that you are stronger than the fear and panic :)

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 19:14
Thank you so much guys. Am feeling slightly better than before now, just annoys me how no matter how many times you get anxiety and panic, every attack feels completely different and like its something serious

What you say is true. I am glad you are feeling slightly better. Get that hug and you will feel much better.

GunMetal
30-09-12, 19:32
I got one better than a hug...jam roly poly and ice cream! Made me feel better! Hehe

fozzy is crying
30-09-12, 19:42
I got one better than a hug...jam roly poly and ice cream! Made me feel better! Hehe

I would still want a real hug as well. :blush:

loopylu86
30-09-12, 19:46

This is EXACTLY the way I feel everytime I have one. Everyone seems different somehow..yet when your anxiety is gone you realise that they are all the same as in...alien..strange..disturbing and confusing. Have a read of the letter in the post titled "nothing works" It is AMAZING!!