PDA

View Full Version : Illness and work

k77be
30-09-12, 19:08
Damn anxiety. Sitting here feeling rough (no idea if prozac or virus). I then starting thinking about work and what if I'm too ill to go in. I then get in to a loop of if its prozac how long will it take to sort itself out. Which then leads to I can't have too much time off. Which then = I mustn't be ill Etc .etc. etc.

Anyone else find they twist themselves up like this?

bernie1977
30-09-12, 19:29
YES!! I drive myself mad with it. I've just started a self help CBT course (CBT4PANIC) and have learnt this is anticipatory anxiety, something I definitely need to stop as I get myself in some states.

Annie0904
30-09-12, 19:33
Worrying about work and being off sick is a pain, I feel so guilty being off but at the end of the day our health is more important than anything else and getting better is our priority.

k77be
30-09-12, 19:34
YES!! I drive myself mad with it. I've just started a self help CBT course (CBT4PANIC) and have learnt this is anticipatory anxiety, something I definitely need to stop as I get myself in some states.

Anticipatory anxiety, good call. I definatly get this, the good old "what if". We never seem to think what if I am fine and have a good day.

Sprinkle some illness on top it suddenly seems a lot worse.

bernie1977
30-09-12, 19:39
Exactly! Illness sends it in to overdrive. Get yourself an early night and have a read or something in bed to try and take your mind off it. Hope you're ok tomorrow

lleksam
30-09-12, 21:29
I get this too, I feel so guilty! But it's funny when I have an actual cold I don't feel guilty at all but when it is something to do with my anxiety or medication changes I feel horrid, I told my boss and he laughed and said "Nonsense" His wife has time off as she is epileptic and never feels guilty.

We're humans, we get ill and some times we need time off. No shame in it and it's not a sign of weakness.