PDA

View Full Version : I need help

paranoidbone
01-10-12, 02:06
I have a social phobia and for the past 5 years I have been studying at University. During this time I wore the hood of my jumper up when out and about - this became somewhat of a compulsion. Anyway, I finished University a month or so ago and have since been worrying about acquiring a brain injury. I went to stay with my girlfriend in London (which is considerably warmer than where I am from but is by no means extremely hot) and throughout my stay I was constantly worrying about heat stroke (due to my need to have my hood up) - a condition that can lead to brain damage. Because I was so worried about heat stroke I started drinking a lot of water, which i then worried would lead to water intoxication and again brain damage. I managed to convince myself of many other things whilst i was away: lead posioning (i had the delusion that my girlfriend's mum had been touching lead before making our dinner), minor stroke (due to an event i now believe to have been a panic attack - my legs went jelly like and i had pins & needles due to a stranger confronting me when i was outside) and meningitis. I went to both a gp and a nurse and they both said that i wont have a brain injury and its due to anxiety.I have spent the past week and a half at home and have been worrying non-stop since then about brain injury. I have the following symptoms: headaches (especially on one side of my head), dizzy spells, tiredness, i worry i can't speak clearly, i dribbled last night when sleeping & i had a strange occurrence were i felt i smelt something that clearly wasn't there (this seemed to be triggered by a though i had). Things have become unbearable (I managed to convince myself that because i was out of breath whilst having drunk sex that my brain was deprived of oxygen and i have brain damage etc) and i need some advice please

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 02:09
Have you seen your Doctor about your social phobia and these fears? If not I suggest you do.

Gordon

Your other newer thread is just a cut and paste of this with a different title.