PDA

View Full Version : antibiotics anxiety help

trevor
05-08-06, 00:04
hi guys,

i have had a rash (down there) that dosent seem to be clearing up with canesten its a sweat rash and now im afraid that because its not clearing up i may have to take antibiotics to get rid of it,,

the thing is i dont do any tablets atall none,,i havent even taken a paracetamol for over 6 years ,,

i am too afraid to take any pils even simple antibiotics ,,dont know what to do,,

can anyone help or advise please desparate here, and scared,,

thanks ,,trevor,

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

nomorepanic
05-08-06, 00:09
If it is a sweat rash and nothing else then you don't need anti-biotics

Try to keep it clean and dry - use talcom powder and that will help.

Keep it cool and fresh and aired !

Then it will go.

Nicola

jill
05-08-06, 00:11
Hi Trevor

Sorry to hear how your are feeling.

You can get antibiotic cream, will that not help get rid of the rash, ask you GP.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Peru83
05-08-06, 08:39
Hi trevor,

I'm much the same when it comes to medicatioin. I was like that before my P.A's started. I wouldn't take paracetamol for anything! When I was diagnosed with GAD my doc handed me a prescription and I said no, I can't take that, what does it do and before you knew it the panic had set in!! I worry about the side effects or me having an allergic reaction or something. However I can now take some things as my g.p rationalised with me that these tablets are fine to take. Even tho they come with warnings ie may cause nausia, constapation, hair loss, palpitations ect doesn't mean it will happen to you. Those warnings are put there to cover the company who made them and the nhs. These are just things that as some point may have happend to some person some where in the world at some point!! and at that, when you consider how many peeps are in the world..........you got more than a good chance at being fine! Knowing this I'm kinda ok with meds now, I will take what the doc has prescribed me and I always throw away the leaflets inside the box, doctors orders! lol

hope this maybe helps you.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

trevor
05-08-06, 09:23
thanks guys,,

clair yes it helps thanks,,

i HATE GOOGLE cause aparantly a sweat rash is a fungle infection which i may have to take antibiotics for if the canesten dosent work,

thanks again guys,,

trevor,

lass
05-08-06, 11:38
Hi Trevor.

Do you feel the same way about herbal treatments as conventional medicines? If your GP recommends antibiotics there are alternatives you can get from health food shops (such as Holland and Barretts). My daughter had an infection from her earring and it cleared up quickly with echinachea. My local Holland and Barrett are really helpful and knowledgeable. You can also get anti fungal creams.

Personally I always try herbal and homeopathic treatments before I take anything stronger! I too hate taking medication of any kind, but I'm okay about "natural" stuff.

Also, I just had a quick look for you on google and tea tree oil can help with sweat rash / fungal infections (you apply a couple of drops to the area or can add to bath water and soak). You can get tea tree at any chemist or health food shop and they will give you more advice.

Hope this helps,
Caroline

trevor
05-08-06, 12:12
WOW thanks caroline ,

your post is really helpful i honestly never thought of herbal remidies for it,,i am ok with herbal things i take calms will visit mine first thing monday morning,,

thank you again caroline,,

trevor,:D

rhondasue
04-01-11, 17:49
I had a rash on my behind from yeast, used desitin, went away good luck,and cornstarch