PDA

View Full Version : George Michael

merlotsmum
01-10-12, 08:56
I was reading about George Michael this morning cancelling his tour due to major anxiety - it shows even with access to probably the best care/therapy he could pay for that he is struggling with his battle and I for one wish him well. My depression and anxiety came about from a major operation in March and I certainly under estimated the impact on my mental health in the recovery phased.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2210954/I-cope-says-George-Michael-axes-tour.html

Richard1960
01-10-12, 08:59
Yes i am with you on that.

Also at the weekend Jack Straw former Labour minister and David Walliams from the TV have come out as suffering dperession/anxiety it does not matter how much money you have or access to the best facilities sadly it can strike literally anybody sadly.

Richard.

merlotsmum
01-10-12, 09:02
It does Richard, I was reading about Jack Straw last weekend. It is a horrid illness as well as a very lonely one. I did admit at the beginning I kept thinking, if I had the moeny to give up work and go The Priory to "fix" this for 3 months I will be great. I now appreciate it has to come from within as well as support, meds, therapy, diet, breathing, yoga or whatever helps and it certainly does not happen overnight :(

Good luck on your journey :)

Richard1960
01-10-12, 09:08
It does Richard, I was reading about Jack Straw last weekend. It is a horrid illness as well as a very lonely one. I did admit at the beginning I kept thinking, if I had the moeny to give up work and go The Priory to "fix" this for 3 months I will be great. I now appreciate it has to come from within as well as support, meds, therapy, diet, breathing, yoga or whatever helps and it certainly does not happen overnight :(

Good luck on your journey :)
Thanks merlotsmum,yes its a horrid lonely illness alright one i which you have to be careful about who you confide in,i have had a couple of hiccups recently but am continuing my journey big names coming out help the cause.

I am getting really good support from the NHS could not afford the priory which ever treatment path you are on it definately has to come from within i wish you well in your recovery and no it does not happen overnight or even in months.

All the best.Richard.

OliviaD
01-10-12, 09:55
Yes, it's nice that celebrities don't hide this condition. Nobody should be ashamed of it.

24track
01-10-12, 13:27
Absolutely... we are not alone, perhaps there are even some famous faces lurking on here! :)

I also heard that JK Rowling was a severe sufferer of anxiety this weekend.

I hope everyone manages to find calmness and a happy future!!

loopylu86
01-10-12, 13:35
It also proves that money is not the cure but YOU! Hence why even the rich and famous aren't immune.