PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing pain on left side

Jo3016
01-10-12, 16:34
Hi all

I haven't been on here for a while. I hope you are all managing ok.

I have been suffereing from stabbing pain under my ribs on the left side, together with the same pain in my shoulder blade and bottom left of my breast, in my armpit. I have genearl aching in my shoulder and neck on that side too.

I had originally attributed it to moving heavy stuff around in the attic a few weeks ago but it is still there and gets better and worse. I am concerned that it could be something wrong internally with my stomach or spleen or even breast cancer (although I have no signs of any lumps or abnormalities.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Annie0904
01-10-12, 16:42
It does sound like it could be muscular but I think you should go to your doctor and have it checked out to reassure you :hugs:

Em84
01-10-12, 17:05
Hi

Def muscular, I had the same thing with my right side, everytime I coughed the pain was unreal and my neck was awful...This lasted for well over a month. I went to the doctors (thinking I had lung cancer) turned out I had a slight chest infection- followed my sinus infection and some antibiotics later it was ok but he thought from all my coughing I could have pulled something

Xx