PDA

View Full Version : Scared to get lyme test result

nervousmummytobe
01-10-12, 17:31
So I'm impatiently waiting for my lyme test result! But have stupidly 'researched' the test I'm getting! It seem nobody gets a fully clear or negative results.. Because 13 bands are tested you need a certain number to be positive but online lyme patients say even one band can be significant! I'm so worried that if the test read overall negative I will decipher it and end up convinced it means something :(

panic12
01-10-12, 18:13
Hello :)

I'm sure you will be fine! If you are unsure about your test results as to what they mean then discuss them with your doctor. he/she will defiantly go through them with you if you are unsure of your results, try and avoid googling things too, I always do it and it generally makes me feel worse, good luck!

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 18:24
I do think it was a bad idea to send off for this test to be honest because as you say you will not trust the results.

I still think you are suffering with anxiety and nothing more so why not work on that for now and forget about Lymes.

nervousmummytobe
01-10-12, 18:44
i really really wish I believed these symptoms were anxiety but they seem to physical! I know im pregnant so that brings physical ailments but these dont even fit into pregnancy

- floaters
- fast heart rate.
- muscles sore to touch and extremely tender like bruises but no bruise :S
- bones that click everywhere
- painful skin sensations.
- pain that seems deep in my muscles (especially upper arms).
- pressure in my head
- limbs feel lumpy and sore
- fatigue (can asign this to pregnancy i guess).
- burning/pinching sensations all over

these seem completely different to anything i read on here or other sites about anxiety and it all seems to point to lymes i cant cope as i dont want to pass this to my baby!

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 18:47
Try this site then:

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

panic12
01-10-12, 18:51
well first of all head pressure and floaters go together, head pressure and floaters are a very common anxiety symptom and I have all of them. Burning sensation is also likely to be anxiety because I also get that on and off with anxiety. I don't really get muscle pains personally but doesn't mean they are not also anxiety. I have a list as long as a test match of my symptoms some I also convince myself are not anxiety related and can't be. Anxiety affects people in very different ways! I have at least half of your symptoms now and my levels anxiety is sky high!

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 19:01
Do you have a circular, outwardly expanding rash anywhere?

How long do you think you have had Lymes for?

nervousmummytobe
01-10-12, 20:50
I think since April . I had some weird thing on my back but it didn't look like a tick bite at all so I'm not sure what it was or if it relates to anything. On google I discovered Lyme and since have been really anxious tht I have it! I don't know if my mind is creating some symptoms or not but I don't know if I believe that theory of the mind causing a symptom ?

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 21:03
Well I looked up Lymes and you must have had a circular, outwardly expanding rash with it.

Yes the mind can create symptoms.

nervousmummytobe
01-10-12, 21:36
What am I going to do if my test comes back with say one band that is reactive? It will be classed as negative but others say its significant and could signify Lyme ? Just not enough for labs to call overall positive! I've gone down a very bleak rd with this testing

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 21:53
Yes the testing is not conclusive so I think you have to move on from it and forget about the results to be honest.

I am not sure what else you can do to be honest.

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 22:00
If you never had the rash then I would say it is not Lymes's.

If you look at picture's of it looks quite bad so not something you would miss