PDA

View Full Version : Microcytic anemia

Iced_diamond
01-10-12, 18:18
Hi, I was diagnosed with microcytic anemia after a routine full blood count inc. thyroid (due to heart palpitations-but this turned out to be fine). It was more the word microcytic anemia that worried me a bit. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? I was just told vaguely over the phone that it meant that my iron levels were a little lower than usual...thanks for any feedback! :)

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 18:31
Hi, I was diagnosed with microcytic anemia after a routine full blood count inc. thyroid (due to heart palpitations-but this turned out to be fine). It was more the word microcytic anemia that worried me a bit. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? I was just told vaguely over the phone that it meant that my iron levels were a little lower than usual...thanks for any feedback! :)

I had low iron levels this time last year that was picked up on the regular across the board blood tests I have to have. Doctor just gave me a 28 course of a pill and it sorted it in less than that. I had a blood test at A&E after a T.I.A only two weeks after I started the pill so I mentioned the iron level so they tested for that as well and it was fine.