PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance please

loopylu86
01-10-12, 20:44
I don't mean to keep going on but I have 2 new and very painful boils on my bum..more the outter bum and the back and hip level. My groin on this side is very painful to the touch and likewise for the top of the leg...like the area where a hip replacement scar would be...Could this be related..Or could I have an infection that has spread to the bone. I am going to the docs in the morning but am really worried about going o sleep incase it is an infection that needs attention. I have started antibiotics today (flucloxacillian)

Any advice please?

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 20:54
The antibiotics will be working on it. Your going to the Doctor tomorrow is also good. As to going to sleep I do not think you need to worry the only problem you might have is it waking you up if you turn on it or catch it your sleep.

Gordon

loopylu86
01-10-12, 20:57
The antibiotics will be working on it. Your going to the Doctor tomorrow is also good. As to going to sleep I do not think you need to worry the only problem you might have is it waking you up if you turn on it or catch it your sleep.

Gordon

Thank you so much for replying. I am working myself up and just don't know why my leg and hip/groin is so sore too. It seems like it's connected but the skin between the boil and the sore leg isn't sore so I wonder whether my infection has gone to the hip and it will spread slowly through the night.

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 21:06
AWE :bighug1:

I ma sure the antibiotics are doing there job and it is not spreading. Boils are a sod and can give you discomfort in other areas but that does not mean they have spread there. If it is near a nerve the nerve might just be reflecting the pain to the other area.

If it is really troubling ring NHS direct and get them to set you up an appointment at your nearest Minor Injuries Unit. They can and will do that for you and also get you seen as soon as you can get there.

Gordon

loopylu86
01-10-12, 21:33
Thank you for that! The pain hasn't spread any further so I am going to get straight up first thing and get to the docs!! Thank you again!!!

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 21:40
No need to thank me. I just hoped it has helped and it your discomfort goes soon.

Elle-Kay
01-10-12, 21:47
I agree with Fozzy, Lu - I'm sure it's just to do with how nerves, blood vessels etc. are connected within the body. Have you ever had trapped wind, and it give you pain somewhere weird, like your shoulder? I know I have, and it's usually just something putting pressure on other things inside. You're doing the right thing though in taking your antibiotics & going to check with your GP :)

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 21:55
I agree with Fozzy, Lu - I'm sure it's just to do with how nerves, blood vessels etc. are connected within the body. Have you ever had trapped wind, and it give you pain somewhere weird, like your shoulder? I know I have, and it's usually just something putting pressure on other things inside. You're doing the right thing though in taking your antibiotics & going to check with your GP :)

SShhhhh I did not tell her about the side effects of getting trapped wind. :roflmao:

Seriously though I have quite a few trapped nerves in my spine that has cervical spondylosis all the way through it and often get problems with my right big toe but it is not gout just down to the nerves reflecting pain. By the way when I was diagnosed with cervical spondylosis 34 years ago I was shocked. However I wasthen very embarrassed after put me straight when I asked him "How can I have a Ladies problem, I am a Guy?" :blush:

Elle-Kay
01-10-12, 22:01
SShhhhh I did not tell her about the side effects of getting trapped wind. :roflmao:

Seriously though I have quite a few trapped nerves in my spine that has cervical spondylosis all the way through it and often get problems with my right big toe but it is not gout just down to the nerves reflecting pain. By the way when I was diagnosed with cervical spondylosis 34 years ago I was shocked. However I wasthen very embarrassed after put me straight when I asked him "How can I have a Ladies problem, I am a Guy?" :blush:

Random subject change: I once attended an archaeology workshop about excavating human remains. As part of it we had to work in groups to re-articulate a skeleton. When a group member of mine picked up the parts labelled "cervical vertebra", she said (in a very authoritative tone) "Ahhh, so we're definitely dealing with a human female then". It was all I could do not to :roflmao: at her mistake - especially as she had supposedly been an archaeologist in a past career :winks:

Sorry to hijack your thread Lu, but it made me chortle remembering that anecdote.

p.s. Yes, it was a real skeleton not a plastic one - I know, I do get up to the strangest things! lol

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 22:13
So it is not confined to stupid senile naive silly old bears. :roflmao:

I just find it easier if someone asks what my spinal problem is to say it is a worn out spine. It does avoid a lot of very funny looks than when I tell them what it actually is.

loopylu86
01-10-12, 22:18
I get breathless from stomach pains..So yes one thing can cause plenty of other knock-on effects. I just remember a gent I used to care for had MRSA in his hip and it was eating from the inside out and it just reminds me of that. Ridiculous but I can't help thinking of all the worst things it could be. The pain has remained in one area and hasn't gotten any worse so I am going to sleep on it.
I love thread hi-jacking..It is always a good distracting...and it's always something funny or interesting so chat away my dears!! XX

Elle-Kay
01-10-12, 22:18
I have a problem with my spine too, but I don't know what it's actually called! Maybe I'll just start calling it Cervical Spondywondylytis so I sound clever :wink: It's actually a birth defect where some of my vertebrae are fused together. I can run, jump, dance, wear high heels.... but I can't touch my toes :roflmao:

loopylu86
01-10-12, 22:23
I don't have any spine problems...but I can't either!! lol

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 22:25
I have a problem with my spine too, but I don't know what it's actually called! Maybe I'll just start calling it Cervical Spondywondylytis so I sound clever :wink: It's actually a birth defect where some of my vertebrae are fused together. I can run, jump, dance, wear high heels.... but I can't touch my toes :roflmao:

Phobia of toes or like me you cannot do a straight legged bend and touch your toes? Mind you could never do that even as a young child. Must be part of a disability I was born with which was I was senile before birth. :winks:

Elle-Kay
01-10-12, 23:25
Phobia of toes or like me you cannot do a straight legged bend and touch your toes? Mind you could never do that even as a young child. Must be part of a disability I was born with which was I was senile before birth. :winks:

My back just doesn't bend far enough to get my fingers down there lol, but as you mention it I do have an isolated phobia of toes - it only applies to those belonging to my husband or father, and only when they lay them across my lap on the sofa so they're right under my nose! :winks:

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

I don't have any spine problems...but I can't either!! lol

Oh my gosh! You must have Cervical SpondyWondyLytis too! Now we're unpronouncable back condition twins! :roflmao: