PDA

View Full Version : Hi again

Clh01
01-10-12, 21:44
I was hoping for a little advise:)
My doctor says I need counselling, but I don't think I do. He put me on cipralex back in may with Valium for bad days. This was only because I've had a bad couple of years where things have been out of my control ( one thing after another) and this caused me anxiety purely because I didnt know what would happen next and I couldn't control it, then something happened in May and my resolve broke ( or as the doctor put it ' the straw that broke the camels back') He tested me for stress, depression and anxiety. Depression was mild ( of the moment) stress was moderate and anxiety high.
I don't think I need counselling as ultimately there is nothing wrong that I need to talk about, but I don't really know if it would be any good?

nomorepanic
01-10-12, 21:54
Hi Clh01

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
01-10-12, 22:06
Hi, it can't do any harm to try it...something is causing you Anx., therefore something must be wrong somewhere, whether its how to learn coping mechanisms to reduce Anx,stress etc.. Gp obviously feels it may benefit you.

Elle-Kay
01-10-12, 22:09
Welcome to No More Panic :)

I would personally jump at the chance for NHS-funded counselling if offered it. You may not be able to think of anything specific to address with a counsellor, but sometimes the act of just talking with someone impartial & non-judgmental can be incredibly cathartic in itself I think.

Clh01
01-10-12, 22:26
Thank you.
I originally filled in a form he gave me and I got an appointment, which I cancelled. So he gave me their number so that I could speak to them about my concerns about counselling so they could do something else for me. I didn't realise that it could be difficult to get an appointment on the nhs. I suppose he must be concerned. Funny that now I am writing it down it seems a bit silly not to just give it a go, I don't know what's stopping me :(
Thank you anyway