PDA

View Full Version : I feel lost

paranoidbone
02-10-12, 01:01
I have a social phobia and for the past 5 years I have been studying at University. During this time I wore the hood of my jumper up when out and about - this became somewhat of a compulsion. Anyway, I finished University a month or so ago and have since been worrying about acquiring a brain injury. I went to stay with my girlfriend in London (which is considerably warmer than where I am from but is by no means extremely hot) and throughout my stay I was constantly worrying about heat stroke (due to my need to have my hood up) - a condition that can lead to brain damage. Because I was so worried about heat stroke I started drinking a lot of water, which i then worried would lead to water intoxication and again brain damage. I managed to convince myself of many other things whilst i was away: lead posioning (i had the delusion that my girlfriend's mum had been touching lead before making our dinner), minor stroke (due to an event i now believe to have been a panic attack - my legs went jelly like and i had pins & needles due to a stranger confronting me when i was outside) and meningitis. I went to both a gp and a nurse and they both said that i wont have a brain injury and its due to anxiety.I have spent the past week and a half at home and have been worrying non-stop since then about brain injury. I have the following symptoms: headaches (especially on one side of my head), dizzy spells, tiredness, i worry i can't speak clearly, i dribbled last night when sleeping & i had a strange occurrence were i felt i smelt something that clearly wasn't there (this seemed to be triggered by a though i had). Things have become unbearable (I managed to convince myself that because i was out of breath whilst having drunk sex that my brain was deprived of oxygen and i have brain damage etc) and i need some advice please

fozzy is crying
02-10-12, 01:11
Gosh you got me feeling lost as well. I thought I had replied to this thread.

Then I checked and you have another thread you created before with exactly the same op which you must have cut and pasted here. The only difference is your original one is titled "I need help".

I know you only joined sometime in the last 24 hours but posting two threads exactly the same but with different titles but in essence the same is not going to help people to help you. All you are going to do is confuse us. Perhaps you should consider deleting one of them. This one would be the one if you want to do that as the other already has a response to the subject on that you would loose.