PDA

View Full Version : Life just keeps chucking more

Laura123
02-10-12, 11:50
Felt I needed a vent. This morning my gran has had a hip replacement, seems to be doing well thank god, my dad is also in hospital having his edophagus dilated, he had part of it removed due to cancer, a friend if mine died last night from cancer and another friends little baby nephew died yesterday too, feeling like the world is a big scary horrible place, trying so hard not to let it all build up! I need to learn how to deal with life and this kind of stuff but it all seems to sit on my shoulders so heavy? X

Annie0904
02-10-12, 11:55
Aww Laura you have so much happening right now. Everything always seems to come at the same time. I have been the same letting everything just sit there and I am hoping my new counsellor is going to help me deal with it even though it is a scary place at the moment. I hope your Gran and Dad get well soon. My neighbour had a hip replacement and he goes out and walks miles every morning now! Lots of hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Laura123
02-10-12, 12:00
Thanks Annie. Gran is 85 and a real wee rock, dad has been cancer free for 5 years now so that's great and very positive. It's just like today my mind doesn't know who to worry about first if you know what I mean. I feel a bit like aaaaaaaaah too much! I need to just stop thinking so much x

Annie0904
02-10-12, 12:12
That was me a couple of years ago, my uncle died the day that my son was having a major cadrio thoracic operation. My daughter was leaving for a year in Canada the next day and my cat died a few weeks later. You feel like you have to be there for everyone but you can't... you need to think of yourself too. Sounds like Your Gran will get through this bless her. Will you be able to visit her later?

Laura123
02-10-12, 12:21
It's a 2 hour drive Annie, I couldn't do that just now, I can only manage to drive around my village, any further and j am a wreck, my brother and sister live near the hospital and my aunt and uncle so they will all be there to visit her so I don't feel too bad, I will phone the hospital later on today to see how she is doing. What happened with your son if you don't mind me asking. Dad had a tumour in his edophagus and had a large part if his esophagus and stomach removed, he needs to go in to have a balloon put down to stretch it as scar tissue builds and narrows the tube and he has problems swallowing x

Annie0904
02-10-12, 12:29
Oh that is a long way to go but I am sure she will know you are thinking about her and your family who live near can keep you updated.
My son had pectus escavatum (probs not spelt right) which means his sternum pushed in restricting his heart and lungs so he had the nuss procedure 4 years ago. The surgeon pushes a shaped metal bar through the chest wall to push the sternum forward. He had the bar in for 2 years then had to go back to have it removed. When they did it the surgeon said "you do realise that there is a risk of death from this operation, if I slip I could puncture his heart and he will be dead in a minute" I know they have to tell you the worst case scenarios but I so wish they wouldn't tell me!!! He is fine now and no complications.

Laura123
02-10-12, 12:33
God that's scary! I think I like to know, but really I think it's best I don't lol. Glad he is well now, see Annie, that story there is a huge optional bag hanging round you also, I think we sometimes forget what we actually deal with during our lives! Xx

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Emotional not optional!

Annie0904
02-10-12, 12:38
I know when I think back it is no wonder I have anxiety now? I get through things at the time but then break down after.

Tessie28
02-10-12, 13:11
Laura hang on it there, things will get better. :bighug1: