PDA

View Full Version : Has citalopram really worked for anyone with anxiety

Cole
02-10-12, 13:03
Hi guys on day 5 of citalopram still feeling pretty poop not as bad as yesterday tho. That's was the worst day ever :( just want to know if anyone has totally got rid of there panic attacks and anxiety on this meds ?? Xx

cassie1975
02-10-12, 13:27
Hi I am on day 23 of citalopram I have not had a panic attack for 15 days. I am still suffering with ongoing symptoms (I had them before going back on meds). This is the second time in two years I have been on meds. I have had to ignore some of the symptoms and carry on with day to day life. It will get better try to perservere, if after four to five weeks you dont feel any improvement I would return to G.P Good Luck x

Supersal1984
02-10-12, 13:35
My cousin is on Cit and she said that after 3 weeks she has complete relief of panic attacks and anxiety. She said she felt rubbish on the first week or so.

Mick081081
02-10-12, 17:33
Hi Cole,
I've been on Cit since March and totally cured I'm down to 10mg now, It's a tough ride for a while in the beginning but stick it out and stay patient it takes time. Good luck and hope you pick up soon.

Mick.

loopylu86
02-10-12, 17:38
I am on day 30 of cit 10mg and I haven't had an attack for abouyt 3 weeks! Before I took them I couldn't leave the house. I am now getting back out there. The doomy thoughts and dread feeling has eased to a huge extent. I still get spikes of panic but as soon as I feel them I dismiss them. It makes everything more manageable. It gets really rough with the side effects..Some were pretty much unbearable for me. It was terrifying but I got through them and it was WORTH EVERY SECOND!! You will be feeling amazing soon. xx

radoel
02-10-12, 17:40
I too had awful side effects around day 5 on cit - I even rang an ambulance I felt that bad!!! I persevered though and am so glad I did - I got my life back and it was a life better than before. Please persevere cos its worth it in the end.

Michaela2012
02-10-12, 20:05
I'm on day 22 and I feel sooo much better! First week I was on the phone to the docs every day lol no I werent really but if I could of I would of! Cudnt leave the house I had the most awful thoughts and just wanted to give up!! Stick with them I can feel such an improvement and even organised a girly night for Friday!! Chin up Hun it does work gradually xx

theharvestmouse
02-10-12, 22:27
Been on it a month, not really noticed anything significant, but my general mood is low anyway, I start CBT soon so maybe then I will improve. I'm on 20mg of Cit so maybe I need a higher dosage.

little scientist
03-10-12, 11:14
Hi cole, I am on my second time of citalopram, and the first time it worked for my anxiety wonderfully! I am only in the early days of this time, but I can already see improvements :)