PDA

View Full Version : HIV and Me

Tastee
02-10-12, 17:22
For about a year I've suffered from HIV anxiety. I always am thinking i'm going to contract it one way or another. Weather its from my roommate using my razor, too him using my tweezer. The thing is: he said he hasn't done other, and he claims he's negative for HIV.

My anxiety is so bad I can't believe him. Any advice guys?

and another thing: I always cant even use my own toilet paper sometimes because I think it somehow got HIV blood on it...

Nighttime pacer
02-10-12, 23:39
Hi Tastee
Hiv is a weak virus and can only survive in air for seconds maybe a couple of minutes at the most. I'm not sure exactly how short the time scale is but to catch it it has to be blood to blood contact and it has to be fresh or stored in a syringe or something else which is air tight.
I was very worried about hiv a few years ago.
Keep your razor in a cupboard away from the bathroom at least then you know your roommate won't be tempted (although the possbility of getting hiv that way are really really low and the razoe would have to be dripping with fresh blood and you would have to immediately) cut yourself in order for it to get into your bloodstream.
As for the toilet paper. If you're that worried just tear of 3 sheets and flush them away first so you know what your using hasn't been touched.
I used to be ocd and panicky about hiv too but once I had all the facts realised there's not much cause for panic.
If you're in the uk you could give the terrence higgins trust a call. They're very understanding and experts on hiv.
Take care.
Nighttime pacer