PDA

View Full Version : sleeping for too long in the day make anyone anxious?

loopylu86
02-10-12, 17:50
So I decided to have a nap at 1:30pm and woke up at 4:30pm. I am now starting to feel anxious. My antibiotics are making my belly feel like it's burning and not in the adrenaline kind of way. Just really woozy and I can literally feel my head go fuzzy with anxiety. Despite the pain with the boils I am in...My regular anxiety really was at bay...Does anyone else feel abit dodgy if they sleep in the day longer than they should? I can feel the doom creeping in..which makes me feels distant and then the distance I feel makes me feel trapped with it. I really hope I am not in for one of "those" nights.

Annie0904
02-10-12, 18:03
How did your docs appointment go? I always feel when I wake up no matter what time I sleep. Those antibiotics don't make you feel good either especially when you first start taking them. You some thing to cure one thing and it sets something else of. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

loopylu86
02-10-12, 18:09
Well she told me to keep taking the antibiotics because they are the best thing for it but I am really tempted not to. I am 7 in and just like last time as soon as they get into my system they make me feel really ill and as I type this I am feeling dizzy and disconnected depsite being lead in bed. I can feel the anxiety rising and doom setting in. I react like this to these everytime. It's catch 22. Live with a boily butt or take tablets that make my anxiety unbearable. I have slept loads today so it's ot like I can just switch off for the night. I really hope it calms down soon. I am working myself up and can feel a panic attack is just around the corner.

Annie0904
02-10-12, 18:20
The only ones that don't upset me are amoxicillin. Its hard when you know you need them for the infection and will have to take the full course. Once they are in your system you should start to feel better, They do make you sleepy and sleeping will probs do you good at the moment :hugs:

loopylu86
02-10-12, 18:24
Thanks Annie. I am going to try and distract myself and do some clearing up bcos I really feel the knot in the belly and just that woozy head. It's that feeling that I dwell on and it makes me so anxious.

Annie0904
02-10-12, 18:27
I am going to have another Epsom bath...can't believe I bought 10kg and it is all in 1 big bag so I have to take a cup full out when I want a bath! I hope you start to feel better soon...wish I could give you a real hug but you will have to make do with virtual ones :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Elle-Kay
02-10-12, 18:59
I don't often sleep in the day, but when I do I often feel unreal/disconnected & spaced out/woolly headed when I wake up, so you're by no means alone. I think it's the transition between the asleep and awake states, particularly if you wake up all of a sudden.

I think you should take the full course of antibiotics if you can stand it Lu. There is some genuine reason you're meant to take a full course that I can't quite remember - not just to help with whatever infection you have, but something to do with future immunity maybe?

My guess is that you're groggy from your nap, which has allowed your anxiety to start to make a root for itself in something this afternoon (e.g. in your worry about the antibiotic side effects). You've been doing so well with ignoring it and getting on with getting out and about recently. This anxiety is no different to what you previously felt about going out; it's just adrenaline. Muster your best hands-on-hips, "don't mess with me" attitude and tell it to sod off - you don't need it, you don't want it, and you've proven that you can get shut of it!

:hugs: for you, and good vibes!

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:06
I am going to have another Epsom bath...can't believe I bought 10kg and it is all in 1 big bag so I have to take a cup full out when I want a bath! I hope you start to feel better soon...wish I could give you a real hug but you will have to make do with virtual ones :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

So strange that they came in a big bag..Could you take a pic and pop it on here? I really am curious about this!! lol. Thanks Annie! xx

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

I don't often sleep in the day, but when I do I often feel unreal/disconnected & spaced out/woolly headed when I wake up, so you're by no means alone. I think it's the transition between the asleep and awake states, particularly if you wake up all of a sudden.

I think you should take the full course of antibiotics if you can stand it Lu. There is some genuine reason you're meant to take a full course that I can't quite remember - not just to help with whatever infection you have, but something to do with future immunity maybe?

My guess is that you're groggy from your nap, which has allowed your anxiety to start to make a root for itself in something this afternoon (e.g. in your worry about the antibiotic side effects). You've been doing so well with ignoring it and getting on with getting out and about recently. This anxiety is no different to what you previously felt about going out; it's just adrenaline. Muster your best hands-on-hips, "don't mess with me" attitude and tell it to sod off - you don't need it, you don't want it, and you've proven that you can get shut of it!

:hugs: for you, and good vibes!

I definitely get anxiety in that between sleep and waking up stage..So I definitely think it's connected! I sometimes wake up feeling fine if I distract straight away..today I think I got up in the groggy half-asleep state and it is a similar sensation to DP. I have just done some squaring up around the house to distract and burn off some excess anxiety..but I could only manage half an hour because I am so tired. I am going to keep taking the course..in the same manner that I pushed through with the Cit. It's only a week but I just hate the way they make me feel and I have been dwelling on the sensations. Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement. It really helps so much when times get rough!! xx

Lissa101
02-10-12, 19:17
Yep, always feel anxious, DP, out-of-place (like i don't know what to do with myself) when I sleep at odd times. I either 1.cry, 2. go back to sleep, 3. have a shower and then comfort eat or 4. do something to take my mind off it (long walk usually).

I find number 4 works best :)

If nothing works just remember tomorrow's another day, another chance. And also that we've all been there/will be there again xx

Annie0904
02-10-12, 19:26
Will do Lu, just need to charge my camera up..don't think I dare use the one on the phone yet! It has taken me all day just to work out how to send a text and make a call. I had to get my Dad to call me 3 times before I could figure out how to answer it!

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:30
You will get there! New phones are always tricky (and annoying) then before you know it...It come to you like second nature!! xx

Annie0904
02-10-12, 19:43
A photo of my Epsom salts and a photo of my feet lol...guess which 1 is the poorly one?

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:47
The lefty!! I am so happy to of finally seen the famous foot!! It looks good Annie! I was expecting some mangled and gory sight!! That foot will be healed in no time!!!! xx

Annie0904
02-10-12, 19:49
My Physio was really pleased with it today but need to work on strengthening my calf muscle. So what do you think of my box of Epsom salts?

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:52
Well that's excellent news and all helps towards your anxiety too! As long as you don't go stubbing it! lol. The salts look exactly how I pictured them!! Do they smell nice? xx

Annie0904
02-10-12, 19:56
They don't really have a smell x (you did mean the salts and not my feet?!)

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:59
LOL!!! The salts!! I am sure your feet smell just lovely Annie!!! xx

Annie0904
02-10-12, 20:03
They do..my physio just massaged them with baby oil lol x

Elle-Kay
02-10-12, 22:22
Oh your foot looks much better than I anticipated Annie! You can see that it's puffy, but it's not so much more swollen than the other one, and the manipulation by your Physio today would probably account for part of that :)

I keep hearing about these Epsom salts... at the risk of never ever using up the stash of bubble baths I have from the ghosts of Christmases past (I do bathe, but I usually use the shower!), are the salts genuinely relaxing?

Laura123
02-10-12, 22:53
I still haven't used my salt, my sertraline is making it impossible to relax, am buzzing, but in a productive way! I think with the antibiotics you really have got to take them, if you stop you become resistant to them and if you need them in the future they won't work. I know this, I had mrsa after my cesarean with my daughter, I was told about how messing with antibiotics is what causes resistant bugs. Anyway, take them, eat, drink lots, is it 5 day course? X

Annie0904
02-10-12, 22:54
Yes my foot is looking better than it did 15 weeks ago!!

Epsom salts contain magnesium and sulphate and they soothe muscles. I have been putting a few drops of lavender and chamomile essential oils in with mine.

Laura123
02-10-12, 22:55
Annie, your wee foot looks sore, bless it. But it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as I thought, I imagined a mangled thing lol. X

Elle-Kay
02-10-12, 22:56
Maybe I'll invest in some too then. I heard once that magnesium is good for migraine sufferers too, so that could be an added bonus for me!

Annie0904
02-10-12, 22:57
Magnesium is good for many things...including boils loopy lu :)

Pacific
03-10-12, 11:18
When i take a nap during the day, after i wake up i feel out of it and woozy too, just like you. So its normal with anxiety. I don't take naps during the day anymore, unless im very tired.

Also the same happens when i wake up too fast, like get out of bed straight away, or don't sleep enough hours and then wake up. The more you focus on it the more you feel it but its hard not to focus on it.

loopylu86
03-10-12, 12:37
Oh your foot looks much better than I anticipated Annie! You can see that it's puffy, but it's not so much more swollen than the other one, and the manipulation by your Physio today would probably account for part of that :)

I keep hearing about these Epsom salts... at the risk of never ever using up the stash of bubble baths I have from the ghosts of Christmases past (I do bathe, but I usually use the shower!), are the salts genuinely relaxing?

The salts are just lovely Elle-Kay!! They smell amazing and I use the muscle and joint one (green tub) and they really did help my tense shoulders and neck! I have ceased to use them for the time being as I am having savlon baths due to the boils but I am definitely a huge fan! I also added a few drops of lavender in my bath..Cup of chamomile tea and all set for bed! Bliss!! xx

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

When i take a nap during the day, after i wake up i feel out of it and woozy too, just like you. So its normal with anxiety. I don't take naps during the day anymore, unless im very tired.

Also the same happens when i wake up too fast, like get out of bed straight away, or don't sleep enough hours and then wake up. The more you focus on it the more you feel it but its hard not to focus on it.

I think this is my problem! I think too much into it. Everytime I stop and sit down I feel it..Today I have kept busy and feel so much better! I will not be napping today! lol

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Magnesium is good for many things...including boils loopy lu :)

Do you think I should stop using them for the time being? My boil is now a hole :( I do feel generally better though! I am exspecting a little wooziness due to the antibiotics anyway but overall not too bad today! xx

Laura123
03-10-12, 12:46
I would have thought that the salt would be a great thing for the boil, you know, salt helps to draw infection and its a great healing aid, have they swabbed it? if its a hole has it burst now? xx

loopylu86
03-10-12, 13:01
Well it starts like a little spot that gets really sore and hard then when I squeeze it...well I think we all know what happens..it is a relief when they are drained though. It then leaves a little hole. The hole isn't even sore. It is just the pressure build up. They really are awful. My butt will be scarred for life now unfortunately. It really does look terrible. Wish I could grow some new skin!! Luckily though I have really good facial skin!! I have clinique three step to thank for that :) xx

Laura123
03-10-12, 13:13
You should try that oil, oh god whats it called again, you know the one for scars, its brilliant ..... BIO OIL thats it lol. But not while the sore is open! xx

loopylu86
03-10-12, 13:18
I have it!! It is excellent! My mum suggested that yesterday and I said the same..I will be straight on the stuff when the wounds heal! I am not too bothered..It's not as if I go flaunting my butt in public! lol..Plus some brave people have to live with actual forms of disfigurment on their face and in visual places etc..So what is a few scars aye? xx

Laura123
03-10-12, 13:21
are you scottish?

Annie0904
03-10-12, 13:37
The epsom salts are perfect for your boils...keep using them :)

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

a couple of drops each of mandarin, carrot seed and frankincense essential oils mixed in 25ml grapeseed carrier oil is very good for scars.

Elle-Kay
03-10-12, 13:40
The salts are just lovely Elle-Kay!! They smell amazing and I use the muscle and joint one (green tub) and they really did help my tense shoulders and neck! I have ceased to use them for the time being as I am having savlon baths due to the boils but I am definitely a huge fan! I also added a few drops of lavender in my bath..Cup of chamomile tea and all set for bed! Bliss!! xx

I bet they would be good for when my hip gets achey in the cold weather too then! It got broken in our accident when I was a toddler, and 28 years on it's functionally fine, but does ache (like toothache) when the cold gets into the joint.

loopylu86
03-10-12, 13:47
are you scottish?

Was this question for me? I am a Welshie! Was it for Annie? X

Annie0904
03-10-12, 13:48
A few drops of any of these oils in your bath with the salts will be good for boils Thyme, lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree, chamomile and lavender

loopylu86
03-10-12, 13:49
[QUOTE=Elle-Kay;1049420]I bet they would be good for when my hip gets achey in the cold weather too then! It got broken in our accident when I was a toddler, and 28 years on it's functionally fine, but does ache (like toothache) when the cold gets into the joint.[/QUOTE

I have had an achey hip this week which I thought was connected to the boil that is close by. It is that dull ache you get when you lie on it for too long! The salts are brilliant for this kind of thing!! :D

Annie0904
03-10-12, 13:55
I'm English :)

Lissa101
03-10-12, 17:04
I'm so jealous of all of you, I only have a shower. Boo :(

Laura123
03-10-12, 17:52
I wondered with the "aye" comment lol, I am Scottish. :)

I just about to head out to take my daughter to brownies, I can, I can, I can! Xx

Annie0904
03-10-12, 18:06
I just about to head out to take my daughter to brownies, I can, I can, I can! Xx

I used to be a Brown Owl :)