PDA

View Full Version : The most wonderful neurosurgeon has calmed me down..

Julia33
02-10-12, 18:29
I have spent the last 6 weeks freaking out on a regular basis. I had a benign (non cancerous) tumour removed from my spine in may by a fantastic neurosurgeon who explained everything clearly and did a marvellous job.

Anyway, I had an MRI scan of my brain in Aug to make sure I did not have the same type of tumour in my brain, recommended by my community doctor. The results came back which said no tumour or lesions BUT abnormal t2 signals in my medulla. I was told i could book another scan if i wanted to investigate, which i did, but have not had yet. I flipped out and my anxiety started all over again, just as I had recovered from spine op.

SO, today, after 6 weeks of worry, I consulted my neurosurgeon who did my spine op (he did not even know i had recieved a brain scan) and asked him to look at the scan images of my brain.....he phoned back within the hour and said he was actually looking at the MRI scan and could not see anything to worry about at all and why the heck hadn't I phoned him in the first place to
read the results to me. He said to go through with the second scan but not to worry at all.....

What a wonderful surgeon......I felt like I was bothering him BUT my gosh, he has reassured me.....

Julia xx

GoogleNoMore
02-10-12, 18:33
That is wonderful to read! Not only about the results (which I am sure you must be so relieved about) but that the surgeon was so approachable and reassuring.

I am happy for you!

:hugs:

Annie0904
02-10-12, 18:36
Really pleased about that, great news :)

Julia33
02-10-12, 19:09
thanks for your kind words,

he said to go ahead with second scan next thurs just to check but he could not see anything to worry about in the one I had in Aug. He said once I had the scan next thurs done, to phone him directly by the end of the afternoon for the results - he would go through them with his personal neuro-radiologist.
BUT....here I go again, wondering WHY he said to go ahead with scan next week.....will
just be glad when all over completely.

Julia xxx