PDA

View Full Version : Digestive upset

Elle-Kay
02-10-12, 19:06
Ugh. We've just had our tea (homemade vegetable soup with granary bread) and straight after I started to feel bloated, with acid indigestion. I never usually have this problem, and think it might be down to the tincture my herbalist gave me yesterday. This isn't anxiety-paranoia - he specifically said that he was adding a herb to the mix which would increase gastric juices to try to help with my sluggish digestion and improve my appetite, and I think probably the indigestion is a result of that. He also said that things might feel a bit upskittled/worse before they start to feel better, but I hope I don't have this every mealtime as it would be counter-productive - my anxiety is triggered so easily by digestive upsets (feeling nausea, bloating etc) that I don't want to start feeling anxious that the tincture will bring this on so that I don't end up taking it.

I don't know if I should email my herbalist to mention this now, or give it a few days to see if it settles down...?

loopylu86
02-10-12, 19:33
I would see if it settles as he has already mentioned that it may get worse before better..that is unless you are very uncomfortable..or are in need of reassurance. That is the annoying thing with any tablets..things always tend to get worse before better. I have a burning belly from these antibiotics tonight. I think I might have a glass of milk and see if that helps! I hate that acid reflux feeling..It really is uncomfortable. Your tea sounded yummy by the way! Love soup with granary bread mmm xx

Elle-Kay
02-10-12, 22:31
I think you're right. The indigestion has eased off a bit as the evening has gone on (I did some sewing to distract me from it), and the stitch-like pain I had in my guts has gone altogether, so I think I will give it a few days and see how it rolls. I can always take some ant-acid. At least it shows that there is something in the medicine that's working anyway :D

It was yummy soup (even if I say so myself! :winks:) I basically grabbed one of every vegetable we had in the house, so it had leek, brocolli, carrot, sweet potato and butternut squash in. We were given an allotment by the council later last year, so I'm looking forward to being able to make stuff using our own produce when it's a bit more established as I really like cooking, especially trying new things and experimenting a bit. I brought on some seedlings and planted those out a few weeks ago - carrots, beetroot & swede - plus we're also trying out some leeks, brocolli, sprouts, cabbage and cauliflowers.

....and I just realised that I've gone off on a totally random tangent, sorry lol