PDA

View Full Version : New User - new job - new anxiety

37fatheroftwo
02-10-12, 20:48
Hi I've been off work for 9 months with anxiety. I left my previous job because of its stresses and have recently foudn a new job and started yesterday. I have coped very well for the past few months and am obviously a bit nervous being back at work after so long.

I can do this job but there is a lot being fired at me at the moment and it is quite daunting. I have to be honest I am a little scared that the anxiety may come back again as I feel it a bit when I am not sure what to do.

I thought I would try this forum as a first time user to see if anyone has similar experiences or advice.
David

Cheers all for any help.

Stormsky
02-10-12, 20:56
Snap, been home 9 months and got interview tomorrow!

37fatheroftwo
02-10-12, 21:15
Good luck fella. I try and see interviews as good fun. A way of meeting new people. If you get on with them then it makes it a lot easier. If you don;t then it isn't the right job. Just try and enjoy it. You have got to the interview stage so you must be good enough for the job. Go on. Enjoy

Stormsky
02-10-12, 21:31
Hi, thanks, I'm female by the way...already know the people who job is with, had interview there couple yrs back, but it turned out to be parttime and I was looking full time...they emailed me after all this time to say asst manager job full time, did I want it? Nice of them to rem me!

37fatheroftwo
02-10-12, 21:44
Oops sorry. It means they want you and you know you can do it. The advice I got (although I am yet to practice what I preach) is to not go in and try and fix/do everything from day one or work too hard initially. I throw myself into work and then it gets expected. Hence more stress and more anxiety. Take a proper break and go home on time. Enjoy the interview.

Stormsky
02-10-12, 21:51
Thanks, good luck with your job, like you say ,pace yourself, try and enjoy it...and look forward to the money!

beastman1103
02-10-12, 22:12
good luck with the interview stormsky

love your profile pic - looks like a malamute - luvin it xxx

Stormsky
02-10-12, 22:17
good luck with the interview stormsky

love your profile pic - looks like a malamute - luvin it xxx

Thanks, yes pic is my male malamute called storm.

beastman1103
02-10-12, 22:28
love malamutes, almost got one in january but wife was too concerned about the coat shedding - becoming very popular where i live but not sure people understand their nature - love their headstrong independance :D

Stormsky
02-10-12, 22:32
love malamutes, almost got one in january but wife was too concerned about the coat shedding - becoming very popular where i live but not sure people understand their nature - love their headstrong independance :D

They're not a breed for the faint hearted, or inexperienced dog owner...he is challenging,very independent, demanding, and huge! I got a husky too, I must be mad! Hyper loony dog....

beastman1103
02-10-12, 22:41
I watched the new liam neeson film the other day and they use malamutes to depict wolves in it - did cause a bit of a stir on the internet

Stormsky
02-10-12, 22:42
Yes I've seen documentary on guy that breeds a male wolf with female malamute for pups to play wolves in film...gives them a dog with wolf features but a temperament they can still work with...
Why it cause a stir?

Stormsky
02-10-12, 22:47
My dogs....

beastman1103
02-10-12, 22:57
just because they used malamutes to portray wolves - but they didnt help themselves by allegedly eating wolf meat during production. The howling for justice website was asking for a boycott of the film

People were also very upset when they were looking to do a new greyfriars bobby film but not use a skye terrier - dont know if they ever made the film but remember reading about it :)

Beckybooboo
03-10-12, 19:12
Hi,

I know exactly what you're going through.

I was only off of work for two months before starting my new job in July and I know exactly how daunting it can be.

I have recently started to feel too that my anxiety/depression is creeping back in due to the amounts of stress and pressure I am going through at wor. I work in a call centre and it is a very fast paced, busy environment so I totally get where you're coming from.

Maybe the best thing you could do is take it easy, try talking to HR or a manager and discussing the problem with them and see what they suggest. Whatever you do, don't give up; you'll be fine.

All the best,
Becky

37fatheroftwo
03-10-12, 21:19
Thanks Becky.

Day 3 now and anxiety levels are stable but still there. Having a lot thrown at me and need to remember the old time management skills and prioritisation.

Keep reminding myself Rome wasn't built in a day.

I believe it will ease off as I get back into it but it is challenging.

David