PDA

View Full Version : New User-GAD

37fatheroftwo
02-10-12, 21:03
Hi there

First time user of these forums. I have read stuff in the past and you all sound very insightful.

I suffer from anxiety especially at work and have recently gone back to work and started a new job and my anxiety levels have increased. It is not debilitating but it can escalate and I am trying to ensure that the negative thought process doesn't grow.

I have done CBT and am on Citalopram but as it is quite a GAD rather than a panic attack I feel it is difficult to resolve.

Anyway. Enough nattering. I am looking forward to using the forum and sharing ideas.

David

nomorepanic
02-10-12, 21:16
Hi 37fatheroftwo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
03-10-12, 18:16
Hi David,

Welcome to the forums. I've found it very helpful here so far and I'm sure you will too. :)

Our situations sound fairly similar - I also have GAD and I've recently started a new job (there have been lots of other changes at work recently too) and my anxiety levels increased, although I did have other worries as well. I am also on citalopram (for nearly 8 weeks so far) and am half way through a CBT "Stress Control" course. I'm definitely feeling a lot better than I did in July/August and I've found the CBT techniques very helpful. It's not easy but I believe GAD can be controlled.

MRS STRESS ED
03-10-12, 18:22
:welcome:you will find alot of help and support here i have they are lovely people :welcome:

MrMan
05-10-12, 01:00
Its good you are taking steps to manage it. At work I used to find regular food snacks, drinks and finding lots of small tasks to make sure I was always distracted (and felt small buzzes of achievement) helped.