PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone relate to this anxiety symptom?

tanpixie
02-10-12, 21:20
I posted on here a while back but I'm posting it again - last time it was different however.
I get what i can only describe as brain static.
Sometimes it will last all day, other times (like today) it's on and off all day.
I have suffered from anxiety/panic disorder for about 10 years and I feel as though I'm finally getting it under control when this starts up again.
I"m mega tired, I have a 6 month old who still wakes up 5 times a night to be fed, really stressed as we have a loud neighbor and we are house sitting so all a bit unsettled.
However this constant static feeling is kinda freaking me out.
Brain tumor is my first thought - as it was 10 years ago.
Can anyone relate to this feeling?
Im not on meds.

It's like someone is zapping me with a constant stream of static - almost like to much coffee .... anyone know what I mean or how to get rid of it?

Anxious_gal
02-10-12, 21:34
Are you on antidepressants? I hear of people getting a brain zapping sensation with those.
No wonder you're missing out on a lot of sleep :(
It's comon to get a buzzing n vibrating sensation too.
Make sure you're getting all your vitamins or take a multivitamin.

tanpixie
02-10-12, 21:40
no no meds! I know every time I discuss it people always say it's the meds, but I"m not on meds but I think it's the same thing as meds..... I'm taking multi, but I'm breast feeding and up most of the night - I do notice that when I'm not tired it's barely there.

panic12
02-10-12, 23:11
How long has this been going on? I get this kind of feeling sometimes, would you describe it as like a dull vibrating? I have that sometimes and have always put it down to anxiety, doesn't last all day for me usually an hour at most, usually when i'm most stressed out