PDA

View Full Version : Headaches and Heart Worries

ady1779
02-10-12, 23:45
Hello! I am relatively new here, first time posting but have been on here reading for the last four months. I suffer from health anxiety and OCD mildly my whole life but started experiencing numerous symptoms, all over the place really, which I think was my anxiety tipping point. Since then I have had pretty intense anxiety/fear that I battle pretty daily, some days better thank others!

I recently have begun to have some heart worries as I had, what I think, are higher than my normal readings. I went to my GP today and my blood pressure was 138/88. My doctor was not concerned at all and said it was higher because I was anxious. Okay, I get that. Talked about my heart and bp, which he reassured me was okay and that he would see me at my normal checkup. So of course I left feeling good. But now I am worrying because he spoke about headaches and dizziness, which I am being treated for by a neurologist. I take 12.5 amitriptyline for it everyday. Since taking it I have not had a headache. But the last few days I have had a headache, off and on. I finally had to take some ibuprofen last night for it, took some today and there is still a dull headache in my forehead.

My worry is is that I didn't mention that to him really and now I'm concerned I have headaches and it has to do with my bp and heart!! I have had some high anxiety since Sunday and my neck and shoulders are super tight. I know no one can diagnose, just wanted some reassurance its tension and anxiety and not my heart or bp! I'm trying not to let my second guessing and anxiety overtake what my doctor said! UGHHH, tired, tired, tired!!!

Thanks all!!!!:weep:

panic12
02-10-12, 23:51
Hi does it feel like pressure in your head? that is my biggest symptom at the moment and ibruprofen does not take it off for me, the only way I get rid of it is by relaxing (easier said than done I know :/) maybe try to put it to the back of your mind see if it eases off as you relax. Kind of feels like pressure and occasional throbbing. sound similar?

ady1779
03-10-12, 00:09
Yes! It does feel like pressure with occasional throbbing! Going to try to relax and not focus, hope this helps! Thanks for replying!!

panic12
03-10-12, 00:16
Definitely sounds like anxiety then, take a bath, watch tv etc try and district your mind i'm sure it will ease off :-)

ady1779
03-10-12, 01:14
Thanks for the reassurance! Have a good night!