PDA

View Full Version : My Son

Meewah
03-10-12, 02:46
Ok had this before many a time. Here I am up in the middle of the night after feeling really tense. I spoke to my family today who live about 250 miles away. I asked how they were doing and discovered that they had had a virus that made them cough and that my young nephew had to go in to hospital for a nebuliser as he suffered badly with a asthma attack. The problem is that I take anything like this on board. My son had developed the similar virus symptoms. Blocked nose, Mucus at the back of the throat and a bit of a cough.

So I tried and tried to talk some sense to myself but as the evening went on My son who I add also suffers from mild asthma, started coughing and coughing. He was up twice in the first 2 hours of going to bed and all I could hear was him coughing. Anyhow I gave him his inhalers and tried to explain to myself that if I hadn't just had a phone conversation with my family I would have probably not worried so much. I was so tense in bed waiting for each cough sound. I could feel my entire body tighten up with the anxiety, I felt paralysed, I lay there for an hour and then decided I could not sleep and came downstairs to my computer. I am now really worried by how I will feel and more importantly if I will, sorry rephrase that, when I overreact to what he tells me tomorrow and send him off to school as I feel I am too sensitive. I will worry all day if I have done the right thing, If he sounds too bad then he may have a day off and I wont rest until I know he is ok. The problem is he is a worrier too and he knows how to tap in to my anxieties. God I hate this round and round I go ruminating about what if. I need some sleep and I need peace of mind. Help.

Mee

terror-x
03-10-12, 08:17
i have this same virus apart from i have musclepain