PDA

View Full Version : sore armpit

lo89
03-10-12, 14:02
Does anyone ever get sore/itchy armpits?
I am really phobic about lymph nodes and lymphoma and mines have been lime this for the last two days.
I do have a cold/flu just now and don't know if that could be causing it?
I have had a blood test about 8 weeks ago which came back ok.
Help would be appreciated as I don't want to rush to my gp as I have been about 3 times in the last 8 weeks for different reasons, so how long would you advise waiting before I get it checked out?

panic12
03-10-12, 14:30
Can you feel a lump under your arms or just itchy and sore?

carmen2012
03-10-12, 15:03
Sore arm pits could be hormonal as well... I had boils under mine a year ago it was so painful the Dr said that it cold have been stress related or shaving them too much she gave me some cream that cleared it up ..

panic12
03-10-12, 15:13
Reason I ask is certain deodorants make mine sore and give me hard lumps if you changed the deodorant you use it could be that, just an idea

lo89
03-10-12, 15:15
Thanks for the replies. I have a small lymph node which I can feel but it is tiny and mobile and as I say I have the cold so I am not worried about the lump. I also have one in the other armpit in the exact same place.
It could very well be hormonal also as I am currently on my final placement of an honours degree plus I have literally just finished my first period after having a miscarriage so that could be playing a part in it.
Would leaving it for one week before I get it checked out be wise?

loopylu86
03-10-12, 15:23
If you have an infection or a cold/flu then your lymph nodes/glands can swell. It is normal. I get them in the armpit when run down. I currently have swollen groin lymph nodes that are sore because I have a boil and am on antibiotics!

nervousmummytobe
03-10-12, 16:47
hey remember that lymph nodes are reactive! you can mak them sore for continually searching and prodding ! they will become inflamed... when my dad told me there are lymoh nodes in you elbow i started feeling for them ! after a week they were inflammed and sore.... before i didnt even know there were lymoh nodes near the elbow crease x

lo89
03-10-12, 16:50
I have not really been prodding at them, and the one I did find was smaller than a pea and mobile so I am not worried about it, but the feeling on my skin is freaking me out!