PDA

View Full Version : Loss of emotions

musiclover
03-10-12, 16:33
Has anyone else lost their emotions and got them back? How did you do it?

Annie0904
03-10-12, 16:38
As the anxiety ceases the emotions come back. I remember telling my husband that the only emotion I could feel was fear. It will come back as you learn to deal with the anxiety :hugs:

musiclover
03-10-12, 16:42
How long will it take tho, it's been 6 weeks now and it's getting to me so much, it's affecting my life!

Annie0904
03-10-12, 16:54
Have you been referred for any counselling? How long have you been taking meds? Unfortunately it does take time and it is different with everyone. Mine still comes back now and again but I have a lot more good days than bad now. I try to be positive and know that I can overcome it. In the early days I could never see the end of it but there is light at the end of the tunnel :hugs::hugs::hugs:

cazmayov
04-10-12, 21:19
Being positive is the most important

fozzy is crying
04-10-12, 21:24

Being emotional as I am 24/7 with no way of dealing with it is absolute HELL.

musiclover
04-10-12, 21:36
I want my emotions back, I can't feel happiness and joy or love for my boyfriend, I want to be able to cry!

fozzy is crying
04-10-12, 21:37
I want my emotions back, I can't feel happiness and joy or love for my boyfriend, I want to be able to cry!

Awe I am totally alone and cry most of 24/7.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

musiclover
04-10-12, 21:46
Oh honey, I'm sorry, my emotions went 8 weeks ago and I'm desperate to feel something, in scared ill never feel again!

fozzy is crying
04-10-12, 21:48
Oh honey, I'm sorry, my emotions went 8 weeks ago and I'm desperate to feel something, in scared ill never feel again!

I know how you are feeling in more ways than you or any one can ever imagine.

This silly stupid senile old bear is just too emotional.

Gordon

Stormsky
04-10-12, 21:52
I found the meds took-emotion away... Which is what they're designed to do, make you less emotional and calmer.... Since coming off them, emotions come back.

loopylu86
04-10-12, 21:55
I can relate to this...I haven't been able to really cry for months. My nan passed away and yes I have had tears but not from that really deep and emotional place. I get a release from it and I too,want to feel emotion again x

fozzy is crying
04-10-12, 21:56
I found the meds took-emotion away... Which is what they're designed to do, make you less emotional and calmer.... Since coming off them, emotions come back.
:weep: not in my case. I wish they had. Perhaps my isolation and the meds are fighting as the more time passes he more emotional I am getting.

musiclover
04-10-12, 21:59
Loopylu- Are you on meds?

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Fozzy- I'm not ignoring you, I'm looking at your site!

fozzy is crying
04-10-12, 22:00
I can relate to this...I haven't been able to really cry for months. My nan passed away and yes I have had tears but not from that really deep and emotional place. I get a release from it and I too,want to feel emotion again x

Emotionally I am only just grieving for my Mum who passed away nearly four year ago. Eleven years before that my grieving for my Dad took four years as well to come out.