PDA

View Full Version : I really can't cope

nervousmummytobe
03-10-12, 16:43
Im in the last stretch of my pregnancy! My HA has stopped me enjoying it !! I have spent the whole time chasing a diagnosis of lymes disease which I dont even know is a realistic thing to have become so obsessed about!
anyway... I ended up ordering 'the most accurate' lyme test and I wont get the results untill 11th October.... Im so scared and I really cant cope! if it says i have it its too late to save my baby from getting it!!! he could be still born, have a sever defect or die shortly after birth!.... how can I go through knowing these odds??? Im seriously worrried !!
lyme disease during pregnancy is really bad for the baby and especially as I havent treated it if it is lyme i have!!
I feel like im gonna have a break down ! I dont know what to do and no one is taking me seriously!
ive had the traditional nhs test done which was negative but apparantly this misses up to 60 percent of lyme ! I dont get it.... its so confusing!! I hate this disease and I hate thinking I have it and most of all I HATE not knowing... feeling my baby move aroudn inside and me worried to death Ive given him something which is potentially life threatening!!! I cant cope anymore

nomorepanic
03-10-12, 16:48
Hi again

I think it would be helpful for you to get some sort of CBT and/or counselling at the moment as the stress of the worrying is really not good for you or the baby.

You don't have Lyme disease I am pretty certain of that but I do worry that you are making yourself really ill over this and stress is really not good for you at the moment.

Please talk to you doctor and tell him this is destroying your life and you need to talk to someone professionally about it all.

The sooner you get on the list the sooner you will get seen.

Laura123
03-10-12, 19:01
Why do you think this, has something happened to make you think it? Have you spoken with your midwife about how you feel, I was very anxious about stuff before I had my kids, that is natural I suppose, but not to get yourself so worked up like this. Try and calm down, easy to say I know, but as Nicola said, it's not good for you or your little baba. Xxx

nomorepanic
03-10-12, 19:28
Laura - if you read her previous posts she has been googling and come up with Lyme's even though all the symptoms are of anxiety too. There are quite a few posts about it that you may like to read to get the full picture.

Nervousmummy - did you look at pics of the bite and did you have these at all?

nervousmummytobe
03-10-12, 19:43
Hey ! I know I seem so over the top but to me this seems very real and realistic! Basically I had a rash early in pregnancy and my doc told me nothing to worry about ! It was kind of circular shaped . And that's when I googled circular rashes during prgnancy and it had one Image of a lyme rash! Mine didn't look like this but it was in a ring shape and was flat (not raised like rungworm) so that's how I came to the June conclusion, as I started to read more and more I got more and more scared that I have it and that's when I started to feel weird symptoms and they haven't stopped since! I always wonder if I would have these symptoms of it wasn't for discovering lyme on google! Anyway to ease my mind my doc ran a standard nhs ELISA and western blot which both came back negative ! I was happy until I stupidly googled ' lyme accuracy test' and it showed me how this is possible the most inaccurate test because lyme is hard to detect and that no blood test can rule in or out lyme ! So now I've gone and paid for a really expensive test even though I'm broke ! The test is known for it accuracy and is the best you can get for this disease ! I'm scared its gonna come back with some reactivity!

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

I know I shouldn't be so worked up and that's why I keep thinking I must have it because I can't let it go and have been worrying non stop

lo89
03-10-12, 20:17
I have pm'd you

kt79
03-10-12, 20:42
I would advice talking to your midwife or doctor about how your feeling as soon as possible. Not only will they be able to reasure you about lymes disease but they will be able to treat you for anxiety and will know your circumstances. Pregnancy and after having baby can do crazy things to the way you think and the sooner your treated the easier it will be.:)

nomorepanic
03-10-12, 21:48
I thought you said the test results were not accurate which is why you wouldn't be able to trust them?

panickyme
03-10-12, 22:05
AWWWWWWW you are going to be alright! Trust me, as I already told you I live were lyme's is really bad. I know many people who have had it. They are fine. I also have a neighbor who went a long time (years without being diagnosed) and he is just slow, (but fine!) and he is really old, if he can live through it so could you. But you do not have it. I do understand were you are coming from) You chose to think, and worry about lymes, were I focus,and worry about chest pain, and my heart all the time. I have convinced myself that my heart is just going to stop, and I get real bad chest pains. It is just the vicious cycle of anxiety. You have convinced yourself, like all of us do, and that's a hard thing to get rid of. Its all in the mind. The mind is a powerful thing. YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF FEEL SICK. I really, really do not think you have it. Enjoy being pregnant, try to focus on that beautiful baby you will soon be playing with. You are ok. You will see this will pass, and you will find something else to worry about. It's just health anxiety, and you can make yourself feel like this. Switch thoughts. If there is anything I can do please let me know. :bighug1:

nervousmummytobe
03-10-12, 23:00
Nicola , the tests are inaccurate but this one I've ordered is a meant to be the best you can get out of a bad bunch. I'm more scared about a band it's going to show as reactive even if the whole test is negative ! :s that will send me into overdrive as online some have said they were diagnosed with only one band reactive
Panicky me ... Thank you for your words and reassurance it means a lot

nomorepanic
03-10-12, 23:02
You will be absolutely fine we are all sure of that so please try and relax and chill and look after baby ok?

nervousmummytobe
04-10-12, 11:22
i will try although i cant stop thinking of it