PDA

View Full Version : Nausea - Brain Tumour

DylanR
03-10-12, 17:17
Is nausea on its own a symptom of a Brain Tumour?

notsogooduk
03-10-12, 17:21
It could be anything, have you eaten anything dodgy? Is there a bug going round?

Annie0904
03-10-12, 17:24
No nausea on its own is not a symptom of a brain tumour. It is a symptom of anxiety so I would guess that is what it is. :hugs:

DylanR
03-10-12, 17:28
I have had anxiety for months without this and no its not something i've eaten because Its been there for about a week. I need to wait until next friday to see my doctor and i'm freaking out like crazyy. So scared i have a brain tumour

notsogooduk
03-10-12, 17:30
What sort of pain is it when you feel sick? Is it sickness like you are about to go out on stage in front of a million people?

I often feel sick like that rather than violently.

Annie0904
03-10-12, 17:32
You would have a lot more symptoms than nausea if you had a brain tumour. When I first started with anxiety I didn't get so nauseous but it developed later. It could also be a bug as there is a lot going about at the moment. The more you worry the worse you will get so you need to accept that it Isn't a brain tumour. I have had an uncle with a brain tumour and a close friend and believe me they didn't just have nausea. :hugs:

Zingything
03-10-12, 17:54
As Annie said you would have far worse symptoms than a headache and nausea if you had a brain tumour. I've mentioned in others posts but I was diagnosed with a brain tumour a couple of years ago now and very severe headaches were only a minor symptom that I experienced. Trust me, you don't have a brain tumour.

It is very likely that anxiety is causing your symptoms as I too become nauseous when I get very anxious and panicky.

Laura123
03-10-12, 19:05
Nausea is a well known symptom if anxiety, try to think rationally about the chances if that one symptom being a real and honest indicator of a brain tumour. I know it's hard not to fixate especially when you get the same symptom every day. X