PDA

View Full Version : Youths terrorised my puppy

Jezebel_dusk
03-10-12, 21:33
I have a labrador puppy who has just this week turned 1. She's been my best therapist ever and I couldn't imagine my life without her.
Tonight I took her for our evening walk around the block, it was only 6:30pm which is when we usually have our evening walk. As we got round the corner 12 youths all on bikes started riding close to us, they was going right down to my pup and trying to scare her by making rawrr noises. she got petrified and I was holding her really close to me on her lead and trying to get her away as quickly as possible. How I bit my tongue I don't know, I really wanted to punch the 'ring leader' in the face but if I had he'd have probably knifed my poor pup to death or attacked me. She's now really shaky and seems to just want to be in her crate. I don't want this to scar her or put her off going walkies as she's always really loved her walks.
Any tips?

loopylu86
03-10-12, 21:38
This really struck a nerve with me. Dogs are one of my biggest loves. I actually feel really teary reading this...Excuse my french but what *******S!!

I think just keep doing what you are doing..Keep going for walkies the way you would face panic. You need to take this beautiful little pup out so she doesn't associate walking with anything other than one of her favorite things ever! Hopefully she will forget it all after a few more trips out!! Bless her!! I really can't understand why childeren could act this way. The majority of children I know absolutely love animals...ESPECIALLY pups!! Some pathetic people out there!!

Lynnann
03-10-12, 21:39
just be calm yourself and reassure her, my dog was really scared by a very loud firework on his walk several years ago, took months and 2 people to walk him at night to reassure him.
By keeping going for the walk he got over it in the end :)

They pick up on your feelings if you are confident so will she be :)

Lynnann:)

Jezebel_dusk
03-10-12, 21:42
Thankyou for your replies, I've given her a big bowl of tea (she loves tea) and she has settled down a bit.
This is a pic of her.
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b442/teriwarke/birthday01.jpg

Annie0904
03-10-12, 21:44
aww she is beautiful bless her. I hate it when people are unkind to animals and I can imagine it was scary for you too :hugs::hugs:

bernie1977
03-10-12, 21:47
She's gorgeous! I can't believe how awful some people are. Like you I would've wanted to smack them one, but it's not worth it.

Jezebel_dusk
03-10-12, 21:55
Thankyou for your kind comments. My pets are like my babies I wouldn't let anyone hurt any of them. They'd have to get through me first.

blue moon
04-10-12, 09:14
What alovely doggy :D
Petra x:flowers:

Annie0904
04-10-12, 09:18
I hope you and your puppy are feeling better this morning :hugs:

Granny Primark
04-10-12, 13:49
Shes absolutely gorgeous.
I think what you did was really sensible.:hugs:
However I wouldnt have so much patience id have probably shouted at them and tried push them off their bikes.
Words fail me how people can be so cruel to innocent animals.

Belleblue
04-10-12, 15:02
That sort of experience is horrible. Such brave young males picking on a woman and her dog!! As the others suggested.. keep taking your dog out.. you have the right. It's probably just a one off episode, but if they bother you again, make the local safe neighbourhood police team aware of it, so that they can cover that area in their patrols. Your dog is such a cutie :)
Take care now.

Belle x

Daniel Copp
04-10-12, 17:43
I agree with all the comments. This sort of thing really gets me going, I hate hearing people or animals getting picked on. I don't know how you kept your cool, I probably would have attacked them, most likely with disastrous effects for me and them. Keep doing what you got to do.

Your dog is so cute! Hugs for both of you. :hugs:

Edie
05-10-12, 22:40
I've never been much of a dog lover, but there's no excuse for people doing that.

Animals often take their cues from their owners. Do keep taking her out, let her experience walks as a pleasurable experience again. Eventually she'll see that walks are good despite the one bad experience -rather than remembering them as scary. Leave the house with your most confident face on, let her know this is going to be fun, not scary.

And from soneone who doesn't even likes dogs, yours looks very cute. Got a cheeky glint in her eye as well!

Stormsky
05-10-12, 23:12
This makes me so angry, I was out with mine few days back, and kids on skateboards were doing same, rushing by us, trying to grab at my boy, but shock for them he snapped at one of them...as the noise was un nerving and scared him... I just said to kids, serves you right, they were petrified of him....
your tenseness will be picked up by your dog, and they feel it down the lead as you pull them close....
try to get out and enjoy your next walk, pup will be fine....
pic of my boy attached....

Steve37
05-10-12, 23:22
Thankyou for your replies, I've given her a big bowl of tea (she loves tea) and she has settled down a bit.
This is a pic of her.
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b442/teriwarke/birthday01.jpg

Beautiful dog!:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

This makes me so angry, I was out with mine few days back, and kids on skateboards were doing same, rushing by us, trying to grab at my boy, but shock for them he snapped at one of them...as the noise was un nerving and scared him... I just said to kids, serves you right, they were petrified of him....
your tenseness will be picked up by your dog, and they feel it down the lead as you pull them close....
try to get out and enjoy your next walk, pup will be fine....
pic of my boy attached....

Akita? Malamute? Gorgeous dog:D

Stormsky
05-10-12, 23:24
[QUOTE=Steve35

Akita? Malamute? Gorgeous dog:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks hes a Malamute.

camperlady
07-11-12, 14:53
how horrible of them, poor dog and you, kids like that make me sooooo angry:mad:, i could commit murder,lol, hope hes feeling better, he looks so cute, lots of cuddles and understanding n patience n he,ll slowly be his normal self, which, i know you will give him, i think i probs wud have swore at him n disgraced myself but well done you, you must av been terrified at the time? xx:ohmy: